Your Opinion: Do You Believe In The Idea Of Having One Soulmate In Your Life?

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know some couples that truly believe this.

What's your view? Do you believe there's a soulmate out there for you?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Yes.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

No.

I believe we are all broken. You just have to find someone that fits relatively well with your broken edges, get as close together as you can, and then caulk the heck out of the cracks.

• rebel8
    rebel8

No. There are billions of people on the planet. There is more than one person we can be compatible with.

I've watched a few documentaries about the biochemistry of love. I believe that's why we think there is just one right person.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yes.

Mine and I parted company in 1972 - different colleges.

He's in Sturdivant, Wisconsin, but still inquires about my welfare, as I also do about his.

Sylvia

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

But WHICH partner will they be with in the resurrection?

• The Berean
    The Berean

Agree with BabaYaga ...

I might add that individuals will come and go during our life who make us feel better about ourselves. We will assign them a certain unique designation yet, to me, a soul mate amounts to the best I can attract at the time. If the day comes when either or both in a relationship change the "made in heaven" union can become "bonds of hell." This is seen among households wher one is a JW and the other is not.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The "soul mate" idea is prety silly, in my opinion. That doesn't however, mean that I don't believe in an all-encompassing, enduring, soul-crushing love. "Soul mate" is just so immature-sounding.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

But WHICH partner will they be with in the resurrection?

The eternal Christian conundrum that even Jesus couldn't answer satisfactorily.

• John Doe
    John Doe

That term reminds of that damned song with that whining chick that annoys the hell out of me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit