Your Opinion: Do You Believe In The Idea Of Having One Soulmate In Your Life?

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Tim Minchen has a hilarious song called "If I Didn't Have You" which takes the strong position of: NO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaid72fqzNE

om

• Marlene
    Marlene

If it's Jehovah's will I'll be blessed with a soulmate

• Mary
    Mary

I believe you have a soulmate.....but that doesn't mean that you'll end up together.

• chickpea
    chickpea
    Do You Believe In The Idea Of Having One Soulmate In Your Life?

not really a lot of evidence
    so i am saying..... not so much

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    No. There are billions of people on the planet. There is more than one person we can be compatible with.

I will second this and add that, not only can we share love with multiple partners in our lifetime, we can share love with multiple partners at one time.

• Robdar
    Robdar

If I have a soulmate, I have yet to find him. I would settle for a divine consort.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

No of course not. Humans are far too complex for such a simplistic outlook.

I don't know if I'll go as far as we are all broken, although it sometimes feels that way, but I do think we all have our own issues, our own strengths and weakness and then we all have our own abilities to adapt to the successes and failures this life throws our way.

Along the way people grow, each according to their own abilities.

I think the best we can hope for is someone who likes us, not love but like as in a friend and then for us to hold on to each other while the winds of life howl around.

No there is no such thing as a soul mate. Except in chick flicks.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Big Tex said:

... and then for us to hold on to each other while the winds of life howl around.

That is poetry, Dear Tex!

• beksbks
    beksbks

I agree beautifully put Tex

• Quentin
    Quentin

"To me a soul mate is another being that you connect to on a deeper more spiritual level (it's a much higher state than physical attraction)-there can be many mates your soul connects to- they can be a close friend, a relative, a family pet or an animal you visit at a zoo. No words need to be spoken, it's a bond/connection that is beond words, it's when your heart joins with another and you both just feel totally at peace and in awe of each others presence."Lillith26....

Yes....but more than one, sorry Min, one is to restrictive.......my wife is my soulmate( there's a back story to that which would hijack the thread)....Terry too...my friend Ronnie...friend Mike at work...one of my daughters friends Trina....some of these folks you see every day, others only from time to time...

Soulmates are those you click with...and the attraction, for the lable soulmate, can and often is onsided...as Big Tex said it's "like", not "love" that makes the bond...

Lillith26's comment makes for a snap-dandy exclemation of"soulmate".....soulmates are out there ,we rub elbows with them every day.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit