Your Opinion: Do You Believe In The Idea Of Having One Soulmate In Your Life?

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If a man loses his soul mate, give him a case of beer and two weeks and he'll go find another one.

• minimus
    minimus

Getting interesting!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Speaking of soul mates, I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank Bill Clinton for securing the pardons of our fellow citizens being held by North Korea.

My favorite soul mates.

• The Berean
    The Berean

So does anyone out there want to whore around ???

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

I used to, but now I know better. There's so many people we could be compatible with, that soulmate idea, to me, is just a fantasy.

IC

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Isn't being compatible with someone different thatn the all-encompassing, enduring, soulmate kind of love?

I think I could be compatible with alot of people, but that doesn't mean they're my soulmate.

• undercover
    undercover

My opinion on soulmates?

Nope...no such thing.

• snowbird
    snowbird

But WHICH partner will they be with in the resurrection?
    The eternal Christian conundrum that even Jesus couldn't answer satisfactorily.

According to Jesus of Nazareth, neither.

Matthew 22: 23 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24 "Teacher," they said, "Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?"

29 Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob' [a] ? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."

33 When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at his teaching. NIV

As was His audience of years ago, I am also astonished.

Sylvia

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Okay, so far only two yes votes... and one of those, Snowbird, is not with her said soul mate! Sylvie, forgive me, but if you two had spent all those years together, you might think differently now. He just sounds like the idealized one "who got away". Those fantasies are fun to have, don't get me wrong.

How about you, Palmtree, are you with your soul mate? If so, for how many years?

Sorry to get a bit gritty about this, my Dears.

• caliber
    caliber

soulmates.. that "wonderful magic bond.". like this couple (eat your heart out )

"Do You Believe In The Idea Of Having One Soulmate In Your Life ?" Yes but just whisper it or you'll curse it !

Quiet..... whisper zone ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit