Your Opinion: Do You Believe In The Idea Of Having One Soulmate In Your Life?

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    For instance, sitting on a creek bank, sharing an ice cream cone was enough for us.

Oh, Sylvia, that is sooo terrific. I have had two or three friends in my life [for some reason all female, but I wouldn't say it would have to be, if OTWO's theory holds] whom I felt like that. Decades later, though we have never mentioned it, I think that 'chemistry' might remain. Well, maybe it would if the WTS would actually allow us to discuss it, that is!

Jeff

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Well, maybe it would if the WTS would actually allow us to discuss it, that is!
    Jeff

LOL!

Sylvia

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I hope there is not just one soul mate. I've met one and since I cannot be with him, I am hoping there's another for me. I believe there are many kindred spirits.

• poppers
    poppers

snowbird - you have a PM.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I made a boo-boo in my first post.

Sturdivant, Wisconsin should have read Sturtevant. http://www.city-data.com/city/Sturtevant-Wisconsin.html

There's an antebellum home in Selma, Alabama, open to the public, named Sturdivant Hall.

I always confuse the two.

Sylvia

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I have often heard "soulmate" as a term a woman used for a guy who beats her, lives with his wife, or is in jail, and she wants to justify holding on to him.

Back here on planet reality, one could have millions of people who they would have a high degree of harmony being with. Even someone very unusual, such as myself, might have several thousand people that they would have harmony with.

Of course, the Universe might deliver someone to me, and me to them, which would have me tossing this view on the scrap heap.

• The Finger
    The Finger

"This kind of certainty comes but once in a lifetime" Robert Kincaid, The Bridges of Madison County 1995

Yes I think so.

• tia.dalma
    tia.dalma

yes, yes, yes, I believe - I want to believe

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Yes. I also believe this comes of a relationship built day by day, every day--it's not something that "just happens", it's something two people make happen together. That's where "one"comes in--if you're only in it until a better offer comes along, for "better" but not for "worse", you're only involved--not committed.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

There's a fascinating development in our understanding of ourselves in the works, presently. It backgrounds this notion of 'soulmates.' You can find a brief overview at this New Scientist reference:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19220-we-humans-can-mindmeld-too.html

and, if you want all the information, you will find it in the journal referenced in the article.

A research team led by Uri Hasson of Princeton University, scanned the brains of subjects as they listened to a storyteller relate a story. The scans revealed that the brain patterns of the listeners tracked the brain patterns of the storyteller.

The pattern harmonisation did not work though, when the story teller related the story in Russian. Hasson stated that the brain patterns of the listeners became 'intimately linked' in this experiment.

This experiment probably explains not only the soulmate idea, but also the mass hysteria that can affect large groups in the sway of a hypnotic speaker, and yes, the 'motivation' felt en masse at meetings and assemblies (unless the speaker was brain-bonked) and religious services such as pentecostal serives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit