Your Opinion: Do You Believe In The Idea Of Having One Soulmate In Your Life?

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

It's a nice idea but I gave up looking about 15 years ago. I don't think there is one for everyone.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Absolutely not. No such thing. It's all about MATH and NOT fate! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tim+minchin+if+i+didn%27t+have+you&aq=0

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

I wish there were another term for it,I just dont like the word"soulmate".Dont know why.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

No, I dont think so.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I reckon it's all hormones. To separate us from animals, we created romance. That's not to say that the bonds of love can't form but...relationships are hard work requiring much compromise and energy.

All power to those who have found a compatible mate.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I used to think so. But now my idea is different. I have my children. They are part of me and my soulmates. My wife is my soulmate in that she is the mother of my children. But is there ONLY 1 person for each person? It's a romantic concept...but no. I can't believe that anymore.

• tec
    tec

I don't believe it. Love is love... it has many different flavors. None of us is restricted to knowing it only once.

Tammy

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I think we have many, many soulmates... and that sometimes we may encounter someone we met or had a relationship with in a past life.

I spent my whole life believing that I was cut off from my soul mate by a judgmental elder, and that I had to somehow find a new one, and I think this caused a lot of unnecessary suffering in my life.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

I don't believe in it either I think it is a fantasy. Love/Relationships take time and effort. We may have similar interests and qualities but still we are very different from one another and so often this is the cause of friction in a relationship. It takes patience, understanding, self-awareness, and committment to make your relationship work.

I think the idea of a soulmate can create a lot of disappointment for people. Maybe their"soulmate" turns out to be so or, they are continually looking for her/him and miss out on a really great person.

That's mu opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit