DaCheech

again... szsz

again... szsz

again... szsz

again.... szsz

skip, skip, skip, skip

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome Girlie, This is a great place to be when you are faced with dilemma you are in.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Welcome Girlie! Oh girl...we all have BEEN where you are (except maybe Spike who is "out standing in his own field" someplace and not a JW but wanting to be one) And its a complicated situation that NOBODY who isnt or wasnt a JW can understand. In fact when you try to explain it to people they think you gotta be making this stuff up because nobody is that crazy....or less loving...than JWs can be.

My mother in law, for instance, found the JWs when her kids were very young in the 70s and dragged them all to the hall (5 of them then) for many years until they were old enough to make a decision for themselves. Three got baptized, and two of them bolted for the door. She subsequently lost her marriage over her involvement with the JWs too. She remarried a JW elder. During her stint as a JW, she told me she would pray daily for her nonJW children to either come into the Truth or to DIE so that they would get a ressurection!! She prayed for her own kids to DIE! I was stunned by that but thats how deeply she believed what she was into. And as a JW myself I understood it...until it all started to shred in front of my eyes in 1996. I DAd in 97. (Crisis of Conscience was the nail in THAT coffin) So my mother in law who immediately started to shun me when I DAd was being pounded with anti-JW from her nonJW daughter for many years...and finally something got through to her. She became a born again, and left the JWs. She DAd because they told her if she didnt they would DF her. She wouldnt give them the opportunity so she DAd. But in doing so she realized with horror all those years she had been praying for her kids to DIE for the sake of this sham of a religion and now her baptized children that she struggled to get INTO the Truth...are now shunning her! She was damned if she did and damned if she didnt.

The religion has destroyed this family...torn it apart. And there will be no peace for the 6.7 million people INSIDE or the millions upon millions they are shunning...until the Society is destroyed and their bondage released.

My best friend in the JWs, even though she was having an affair with a married elder, told me she would have to shun me when I DAd because I was bad association. She brought her own parents and her only sibling into the organization too just before I DAd. So I lost her...but she was not going to leave because her whole family is still in and she PUT them there. But yet...she looks down her adulterous nose at ME as being not good enough to be around. How twisted is all this??

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Jesus own words as represented at Matthew 10:32-39 [NWT Reference Bible, with footnotes expanded] should NOT be forgotten:—

32 "Everyone, then that confesses union with me before men, I will also confess union with him before my Father who is in the heavens; 33 but whoever disowns me before men, I will also disown him before my Father who is in the heavens. 34 Do not think I came to put peace upon the earth; I cam to put, not peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to cause division, with a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a young wife against her mother-in-law. 36 Indeed, a man's enemies will be persons of his own household. 37 He that has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and he that has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me. 38 And whoever does not accept his torture stake [Greek, σταυρóν (stau·ron´); Latin, cru´cem (from crux). See Appendix 5C.] and follow after me is not worthy of me. 39 He that finds his soul [Or, "life." See Appendix 4A.] will lose it, and he that loses his soul for my sake will find it."

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

for more about this quote I just gave, and its more practical application, it's good to see the scan of the Awake! article in the July 2009 magazine that relates to it, which is found part way down the page at http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/174959/1/No-One-Should-Be-Made-to-Choosee280a6-LIES-from-July-09-Awake

• Spike Tassel
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" It is well-said at this year's District Convention: one cannot really love you unless they know and love Jehovah first. That is in line with 1 John 4:8."

Not really, it seems that the meaning or wording of the scripture was somewhat twisted. 1 John 4 says that God loved us so much that he sent his son Jesus. Not that we have to love God first.

1 John 4:7-12:

7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son [ b ] into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for [ c ] our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

• mrsjones5

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit