Greetings....

by Girlie 74 Replies latest jw friends

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Welcome to the forum Girlie, yes there is a lot of information obtainable about the the JWS on this site and others.

It is possible to make an honest and truthful evaluation without any closed mindset on how this organization got started

from its very beginnings up until today, so study carefully and take note that some information that you come across

may have been put forth by people who might embellish comments out of vindictiveness , rather than really hitting at the truth.

Nevertheless the facts are here and elsewhere on the Net for anyone to read and understand whats really going on at the elusive Watchtower.

Take care Homey

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome, Girlie. Please think carefully about your future, especially regarding marriage in the organization. If you have any questions about how much of a nightmare it can be, please pm me.

• Girlie
    Girlie

Thanks for the heads up Homer. Very well noted. Hi Jamiebowers. Nah, I lost interest a long time ago in wanting to marry a fellow JW. Since I am at the point of wanting to escape, I doubt it would be helpful to further complicate matters by marriage. I have seen somethings that have made me very leary of wanting to marry in the faith. Thanks for the warning.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Welcome, Girlie!

~Sue

• oompa
    oompa

holy shit girlie!!.......unconvert them!!.....at what age did you come in and did you convert your parents?....prob so.......oh......and welcome......and pm me!.......oompa

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Anyone nicknamed "Girlie" is alright by me. Welcome.

As far as not having a story, tell us about how this happened:

my newly converted parents

Did you have anything to do with that?

• Girlie
    Girlie

Hey all. Sorry for the delay in a response. Sleep called. I noticed that a few here were inquiring about what I meant by my newly converted parents. Actually, that is an error. The more appropriate term is newly baptised parents. My parents studied with the JWs back in the early 80's then they stopped their studies and as of recently, rekindled it and now they are both baptised.

As for myself, I started when I was 19 and was baptised at 20 and have been since and now feeling myself starting to burn out.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome Girlie! I am glad you can see the WTS for what it truly is. Anything that sounds too good to be true usually is. If you value your family, it may be wise to just fade. If confronted, don't admit anything.

Life can be full and rewarding and you can still have faith if you wish without the need to belong to any man-made religious organization (or cult).

For me, it was the subjugation of women that I couldn't swallow along with the unBiblical nature of their doctrines. I never agreed with their interpretations.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Hi Girlie, welcome to the board, there is so much you can do if you are yourself.

The arbitrary rules of a group of men sitting on the East River waterfront in Brooklyn will get you nowhere. Reach out and up!

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

burn out can mean that your "personal relationship with Jehovah" isn't getting built right. it happened to me. Bible principles come before anything else, I'm learning this the hard way. Love for Jehovah, and for yourself as your fellowman: that is the correct base. It is well-said at this year's District Convention: one cannot really love you unless they know and love Jehovah first. That is in line with 1 John 4:8.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit