How Many Personally Heard F. W. Franz Speak?

by snowbird 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

I heard him give the final prayer at a Gilead graduation at the Stanley in 1986. It took him a really long time to get to the microphone and then at least 15 minutes to pray. The Bethelites I was with said it was a short one ;-)

• snowbird
    snowbird

Lord, have mercy on us.

Sylvia

• read good books
    read good books

I heard him at the old Met Sports Center in Bloomington MN, his voice would rise and fall like an old time carnival barker, the phrase I remember he hung on forever was the Greeeeeeaaat Tribulation. He would seeminlgy aimlessly go of in thousand different directions at the start and without notes, then he would connect all the dots at the end of the talk. He had a large mouth and high voice and kind of reminded me of the old time comedian Joey Brown. I heard him also at Bethel when I was there in the seventies.

When he would pass you in the hall he would look straight ahead and not speak, I thought it was odd but thought it was because even then he was losing his vision. They made an announcement once that if Brother Franz passes you in the hall and doesn't speak don't feel bad his mind is on great spiritual matters. (like how to wiggle out of 1975)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit