How Many Personally Heard F. W. Franz Speak?

by snowbird 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Freddy was always full of himself when he spoke before an audience.

I never could get use to Knorr's chipmunk voice. He absolutely hated to hear recordings of his voice; it embarrassed him. I recall hearing him on the rooftop at Bethel trying to get a little more gravel into his voice. It would work for about 5 minutes, then the chipmunk would return.

Marvin Shilmer

• besty
    besty

what were you doing on the roof dude?

• JWoods
    JWoods

Was Freddy possibly the keynote at a Kansas City convention in 1969 (the first astronauts walked on the Moon during this convention)?

I am sure I have sat through at least one but-burner from him but cannot quite remember where...

Strangely, after being at many of the big conventions from the early 60s to the early 70s - I never once heard Knorr, nor ever see him in person.

But pretty much all the others.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

yes I have - at an assembly hall dedication

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Besty,

I was not on the roof. I could hear Knorr on the roof. It was humous enough for me to recall.

Marvin Shilmer

• snowbird
    snowbird
    As I recall he went about half an hour overtime at the end of the convention. Ring any bells?
    Marvin Shilmer

No; I was too tired to remember anything. I was periodically jolted awake by the applause, and drifted right back off to sleep.

I never once heard Knorr, nor ever see him in person.

I heard and saw Knorr in 1977, at the Civic Center in Mobile, Alabama.

He was ill at the time (though we didn't know it) and died shortly thereafter.

Sylvia

• Mary
    Mary

I heard the silly old fart speak at the Calgary convention in the mid 1980s. Funny, I had been falling asleep and then Freddie gets up there and starts shouting like he was at a tent revival and it woke me up.

Even though I was a good Dub at the time, I found his manner of speaking totally over the top----he really sounded like a nut-case.

And of course he went overtime......by ALOT!!!

• White Dove
    White Dove

He came to my congregation (Central) and gave a talk. Afterwards, I stood in a long line to meet him.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    The Franz you heard in 74 was Ray, but the way. I was with him.

Wait a minute!

Say what???

You mean I heard the one who wrote CofC?

Well, slap the dog and spit in the fire!!!

Yet, I still can't recall anything that was said.

Sylvia

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

God..The man could go on and on..Bla-bla-bla-bla..

I just wanted the frigg`n thing to be over......Bla-bla-bla-bla!!

....................LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit