How Many Personally Heard F. W. Franz Speak?

by snowbird 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• snowbird
    snowbird

I believe I did in 1974, but I was just coming into the org and didn't realize the significance of the part he played.

It was a Sunday at a stadium on the campus of the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. All the "friends" were almost beside themselves with excitement, so looking back, it must have been F. W. Franz!

I'd worked until 6 pm that Saturday night, had a one year old teething child, and had to arise at 3 am to get ready for the bus trip.

When we arrived, the weather had turned colder, the stadium was quite warm, and I fell asleep a few minutes into the talk. All I remember is a series of yips and yaps from the speaker with a lot of references to 1975.

We returned late that night, I had to get up for work that Monday morning, and I couldn't recall anything exceptional about the occasion.

I still can't.

Oh well ...

Sylvia

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

me, at a DC at Yankee Stadium in the 80's.

• wobble
    wobble

I never did,if my memory serves,but he doesn't (didn't) speak my language, I don't speak fluent drivil.

love

Wobble

• Gayle
    Gayle

At many assemblies (including '58) and was at Bethel '69-'74.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I did. Yankee stadium 1973 International Convention.

I recall the thrilled murmurs about how he was blind and had all those scriptures memorized. I also recall he went waaaay overtime on an already very hot day in an overcrowded stadium.

I think if he had come into the crowd, women with flowing blood would have tried to touch the fringe of his garments.

Jeff

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I heard him speak at an assembly. Everyone was so excited!

I remember trying to pay especially close attention, because not only was this brother from Bethel, he was really, really BIG!!! I don't think I realized he was on the Governing Body, or what that even meant entirely. Well... even in paying especially close attention, I don't remember one single thing he said. It all sounded the same as everything else, apparently.

• minimus
    minimus

I used to look forward to his talks although they were torturously long. You never knew what he'd come out with. After all he was "The Oracle".

(Thanks Sylvia for your concerns on my other thread.)

• snowbird
    snowbird

Nodding in agreement with all the responses.

Just what I thought.

Thanks, all.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird
    (Thanks Sylvia for your concerns on my other thread.)

Don't mention it.

We're all in this together.

Sylvia

• Farkel
    Farkel

I heard the lying old fuck many times. Too many.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit