How Many Personally Heard F. W. Franz Speak?

by snowbird 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• sir82
    sir82

I was there at Pittsburgh (Three Rivers Stadium) in 1984, for the centennial celebration of the WTB&TS. They had all the bigshots there giving talks.

As I recall, Franz went last, spoke from memory as he was nearly blind, and went on and on and ON....

Have no idea now what was said - not one word.

• snowbird
    snowbird

One of my sisters, whom I'd dragged into the org, heard him in 1976.

They rented a van and drove to Panama City, Florida.

I know it was F. W. because she was all agog about his being blind and able to quote the Scriptures from memory!

I think he was testing the reaction to the failed 1975 prophecy.

Sylvia

• villabolo
    villabolo

I heard him in 1974 in Los Angeles. He gave a talk that stated that the end would come within months or years, but not decades, of 1975. I remember having a tape recorder sitting on my lap. How I wish I still had that tape.

villabolo

• caliber
    caliber

YEEEES & heeeee had a verrryyyyyyy distinctive style TOOO emphasis thinnngggs ! ....

Noone could ever copy his unique style ! His recall memory was great.. it had to be because

of his failing eye sight

• snowbird
    snowbird

Much Ado About Nothing comes to mind.

I wonder what his thoughts were as he neared his end.

Was he sorry? Did he repent?

Sylvia

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

I think I first heard him speak at the Belmont Racetrack in NY sometime in the mid-seventies. I remember my relatives telling me very excitedly that he was blind and knew the bible by heart. Don't remember what he said, but I do remember it took him a long time to say it. I was worried he would never stop talking.

• besty
    besty

maybe it was him when I got dragged to the Usher Hall in Edinburgh round about 1980 - I knew it was big deal but had no idea why. Still don't.

any other Scottish posters confirm/deny my memory?

• Kahlua
    Kahlua

I'm sure I heard him - but I remember Knorr better.

There was a talk at a convention that went way way overtime. That was probably F.W.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Snowbird,

I have heard Freddy speak on many occasions.

The Franz you heard in 74 was Ray, but the way. I was with him. As I recall he went about half an hour overtime at the end of the convention. Ring any bells?

Marvin Shilmer

• blondie
    blondie

I have but aren't there tapes on the internet of him speaking?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit