How Many Personally Heard F. W. Franz Speak?

by snowbird 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I heard him several times. One of his signature phrasings was: "Well, then..."

Blondie asked:

I have but aren't there tapes on the internet of him speaking?

Several. There are a few audio recordings here:

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22Fred%20Franz%22

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Around 77, blind, shrill or pitch in his voice, talked about 75, it would not be many years delayed and he was going to live thru it all, he said. I heard Sydlik and liked him very much, Schroeder not that much, but I also liked the gentle John Booth very much - very humble, soft spoken. It is funny, though, how Rutherford was always introduced as "Judge" Rutherford - and then I listened to the 1942 tape with Knorr "Peace - can it last?" when he is introduced as "Mister" Knorr.

• torre
    torre

I heard him in 1983. He gave the main talk in the dedication of the new bethel at the time in Ajalvir, Spain. I was in Bilbao. Main cities in Spain were connected with Madrid to be able to hear all these layers.

• snowbird
    snowbird

These are interesting and very telling comments, all.

Thank you.

Sylvia

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I heard him in Montreal in 1985. He was unremarkable. I couldn't figure out why everyone made such a fuss about him being there.

W

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

He stayed in our home!!!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I heard him a couple of times. I didn't like him as much as Knorr though. Knorr was guaranteed a good solid hour's nap. Freddie used to boom out stuff like "The fear inspiring day of JEHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVAH!". Damn it would wake me up every time. Really irritating.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Heard him in person and on a recorded talk he gave in about '74 when he began to waffle on the 75 date. He made a big point about how we didn't know the period of time between the creation of Adam and the creation of Eve. This left him a loophole.

When a GB member speaks the audience is inthralled even if he sounds like Elmer Fudd explaining Bible chronology gibberish.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Big Tex!!!

You've got me laughing so hard that my workmates think I'm losing it!

ROFL.

Sylvia

PS My work mate who reads here sometimes says you are baaaaaad!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

wonder if he came to the UK? I was a 3 year old at a huge international convention at Wembley Stadium in 1969, and remember vaguely that there was meant to be G/B members visiting Twickenham over the years, maybe he came and spoke.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit