How Many Personally Heard F. W. Franz Speak?

by snowbird 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Yes, but it wasn't particularly memorable. At that time (70's) I had mentally checked out. Knorr was actually listenable, had a pleasant voice; Fred, not so much.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

^(at least I could zone out more easily with Knorr)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Several times at Twickenham London in the old days....He broke all the rules in the Ministry School Book..

He over emphasised every other word, very loud, almost rhythmic, Ba BOOM, Ba BOOM Ba BOOM...at first it was exciting but it became enough to make you sleepy in the end...

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Several times.

Coffee

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

I heard him in either Toronto or Montreal when I was a little girl. He had a very nasal, kind of high pitched voice and went way, way over, like 45 minutes or something. Either at the same ass'y or another one (I heard him more than once), he gave a concluding prayer that was, no kidding, around 15 minutes long. I was really little but I remember feeling sorry for people holding babies.

• mouthy
    mouthy

heard the lying old Duck many times. Farkel go to your room.
    Not the F it is the D word

Me too I heard him many times ....In England, Montreal.Ontario.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Farkel go to your room.

LOl.

Sylvia

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I heard him when I was 16.

My boyfriend and I were late getting there ( I won't say why ) so we had to sit in the front row. Embarrassing!!

I don't remember what he talked about. I just remember everyone acting like a huge celebrity was in town!!! OMG!!! And Ooooing and Aaaahhhing over how amazing it was that he spoke for so long without notes, cus he was blind.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Thankfully, he died

Oh, I'm sorry. Thankfully, he died before I could hear him.... Listen it was bad enough for me to have to sit through Losch. Way different, but I hear the reaction they engender is the same... (i.e. making you want to melon ball out your left eye)

They still talk about Franz's talks at Bethel. (the old timers) It's almost like the want to roll their eyes but are scared to..... Funny...

• watson
    watson
    My boyfriend and I were late getting there ( I won't say why ) so we had to sit in the front row.

Oh, you were one of those...16? Guttsy!

Listening to Fred Franz was like listening to Moses. Hung on every word.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit