Animals living forever

by startingover 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Something Blondie said rang my bell. I remember where my dissonance came from. It was page 16 of the Paradise book, where the text said animals were vegetarian and the picture had lambs in it.

Even at my tender age, I knew that sheep live for quite a long time if nothing eats them, so there were going to be bugger all lambs about or the earth would soon be overflowing with sheep unless they didn't breed or.............???????????

Cheers

Chris

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

In some ways I am glad that animals will not live forever.

A certain neighbor's dog seems to take delight on crapping on my lawn every day.

Rub a Dub

• Todoran Gabor
    Todoran Gabor

I believe that animals will live forever because the bible says in Revelation Chapter 21 verse 3 that And I heard a great voice out of the throne saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he shall dwell with them, and they shall be his peoples, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God: 4

and he shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and death shall be no more; neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain, any more: the first things are passed away. that means if death will be no more than animals and Men will live forever it is that simple to understand it doesen t say that for humans death will be no more it just says that death shall be no more that is a collective word what means that both men and animals will live forever if the bible would have said that for humans death will be no more but not for animals then it would be obvious that animals will die and humans will live forever but it isn t that way it only says that death will be no more ,so it means that every living thing must live forever ,and the bible also says that there will be no crying how would be that true if our loved animals would die that is just not logical
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

No animals will not live forever according to Watchtower.

Only humans were created with the prospect of living forever.—Genesis 2:16, 17; 3:22, 23. (Jw.org Bible Questions Answered; Do animals go to heaven?)

Revelation chapter 21 wouldn’t apply and was written in such a way because humans back then saw animals as solely for the use and abuse of humans ( “dominion over animals”), who were superior and “made in God’s image”. Now we know that we are animals and not at all superior to animals who have feelings and relationships and who love, fear as we do.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I never believed that the animals would live forever. However, I wanted to have my pets to live forever because I loved them. The WT never promoted the idea that animals would live forever.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    it means that every living thing must live forever

Does that include insects? Bacteria? Many of whom are essential for things like digestion, breaking down waste products etc. Some predate on other creatures laying their eggs inside the bodies of living creatures only for the living creature to be eaten alive by the hatched larvae.

If these creatures bred without dying the earth would soon be covered in tonnes of insects. When you think it through, death is essential for this universe.....even suns die. We are made of dead star material.

• stillin
    stillin

Is life sacred or not?

Why all of the animal sacrifices that pleased God so much at the Temple? I know the "party line." It just seems contradictory.

• blondie
    blondie

Not only that, Abel killed sheep for his sacrifice to god, long before the Law code. It was interesting for me when I researched vegetarianism on the WTS publications. Nowhere did I find anything saying that it was wrong to eat meat (do insects count?). Does the WTS teach that the animals in their paradise won't eat each other. God would have to make animals practice birth control.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

can i still get a bigmac in the new system ?

• waton
    waton
    B: Not only that, Abel killed sheep for his sacrifice to god, long before the Law code.

You give Abel too much credit. Animals like sheep died, the wool might have been useful, but the flesh was carrion to be gotten rid of. buried ASAP. What a brilliant move to declare it the "choice pieces" by wt.

I would be mad too,like Cain, if wrestling veggies from the cursed ground were disdained in favour of carrion diverted from the dump.

Animals live forever?, not even the planet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit