Animals living forever

by startingover 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon

It's evidence against a loving god. It's clear that dogs are the greatest creatures. If any animals should love forever, it should be dogs.

Any religion that doesn't have this as part of their manifesto is following a false god.

• waton
    waton
    Any religion that doesn't have this as part of their manifesto is following a false god

That explains my aversion to religions. I love dogs,Their loyalty, keeping their owners fit, but abhor their mating habits and their anal hygiene.(like hyenas)

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Todoran Gabor

Welcome to the forum and I assure you that we all appreciate your input though not neccesarily agreeing with your opinion.That`s the beauty of this forum where you can say what you want and you wont be shunned or disfellowshipped for voicing your opinion.

Getting back to WT/JW beliefs they have always as far as I know is that animals have a limited time on earth and they do die ,only humans were designed to live forever but not animals..

I ask you now was Jehovah God a lover of animals ? In the Old Testament how many cattle ,sheep birds did God require as sacrifices to him from Abel`s time till Jesus Christ .

I can tell you it was in the Millions if not Billions if you include the flood of Noah`s day..

All Unnecessary slaughter of wildlife. To acheive what ? Nothing,

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

TT Gabor - I believe that animals will live forever because the bible says in Revelation Chapter 21 verse 3 that

And I heard a great voice out of the throne saying,

Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he shall dwell with them, and they shall be his peoples, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God:

I didn't when I was a JW either. We were taught that they wouldn't. How dare I disagree with the leaders?

God would lovingly kill me at armageddon(tm) for such naughtiness.

You might want to consider the Bible's actual origin.

It really is a bad advert for an ideal god. Whichever god one chooses to foolishly think is real.

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

blondie 10 years ago

I can remember the WTS saying that the animals died in Eden when Adam and Eve were perfect and that they knew what death was from having watched animals die. If animals died then, then animals would die in the sc-called new Eden.

*** w55 9/1 p. 538 par. 47 Part 1—What Do the Scriptures Say About "Survival After Death"? ***In this respect, mankind, because of the condemnation to death that they inherited from Adam, are like the lower animals that die, not because animals are condemned to die for sin, but because their Creator did not decree that they should live forever

*** g 10/07 p. 28 What Happens at Death? ***GOD’S human sons were not meant to die. (Romans 8:20, 21) In fact, when Jehovah first spoke of death to Adam, it was mentioned, not as the outcome that man should normally expect, but as the punishment for disobedience to God. (Genesis 2:17) Adam understood what death meant, since he would have seen animals die.

Where in The bible does it say one thing about animals dying or not dying in Eden?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

"Though animals die in the same manner as man, they do not share his hope of a resurrection." it-1 pp.110-112

• sir82
    sir82

Good lord, you should see some of the posts from the loony cat ladies over on that pro-JW site.

Not only are animals (especially cats) never going to die, but their particular favorite cats are going to be resurrected (I sheep-dip you not).

Long before the 1000 year mark, we're going to be knee deep in cockroaches, rabbits, sheep, and cats.

There won't be any room to grow food, what with a population density of 25,000+ mammals per acre.

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks for finding that comment from me long ago, rockemsockem.

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

sir82 14 minutes ago

Good lord, you should see some of the posts from the loony cat ladies over on that pro-JW site.

Not only are animals (especially cats) never going to die, but their particular favorite cats are going to be resurrected (I sheep-dip you not).

Long before the 1000 year mark, we're going to be knee deep in cockroaches, rabbits, sheep, and cats.

There won't be any room to grow food, what with a population density of 25,000+ mammals per acre.

I am a Cat person. Crazy has nothing to do with cats or dogs its just crazy. If they are JWs and think their religion backs the idea that animals will live forever or some species they are loony but then again being a JW is loony.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    sir82 - "That's never been an official JW teaching, although there are all sorts of goofy-headed individual JWs with their own goofy-headed ideas of what paradise would consist of."

I remember them; most got eye-rolls even from regular rank-and-filers.

They were usually the same types who though God would also bring back extinct creatures like mammoths and dinosaurs (an idea that somehow manages to be both cool and stupid at the same time ).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit