Animals living forever

by startingover 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

This question brings up an observation I've already made in the past. The WTS teaches that Adam and Eve were made to live forever and it also states they were "perfect" human beings. But nowhere does the Bible say either thing.

But here is where the dying thing gets sticky: when the animals were made, God said it was "good." When humans were made, God said it was "good."

Animals = good

Humans = good

When I was a dub, I was taught that animals would continue to grow old and die in the Paradise earth, but humans would be "restored" to perfection and live forever (if they continued to obey their Brooklyn Masters, the COs and their local Nazi elders, that is).

So now we have:

God says animals are "good" and makes them grow old and die.

God says humans are "good and makes them stay young and live forever.

I'm confused here.

What the hell does "good" mean to Bible God(tm), anyway?

Farkel

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

In the new system, animals will be "transformed" just like humans.

The animals will be chipped and will be controlled by neuro frequencies.

They will respond perfectly to voice commands because they will be programmed that way.

That is how you will be able to have you "pet lion".

It will be a real lion, but with no animal instinct anymore. Sort of like a person with a lobotomy.

Soft and cuddly, but will not maul you.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:It will be a real lion, but with no animal instinct anymore. Sort of like a person with a lobotomy.

:Soft and cuddly, but will not maul you.

Maybe God will do the same thing to elders.

Farkel

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

cameo-d, that's perfect because in the new system, we'll all be regularly lobotomized by God, too!

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

You mean the elders aren't already, lobotomized I mean? And the anonymous writers of the literature?

The literature is a perfect example of lobotomized writers simply writing to arrive at preconceived conclusions rather than presenting a logical and objective submission of evidence.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

We will be able to go swimming without fear.

See the nice white pointer frolicking with the seal.

I can remember thinking to myself as a child, if animals live forever or don't eat other animals, there won't be any baby animals. No puppies, no kittins, no lion cubs to play with.

I don't recall what conclusion I came to. I probably just turned my brain off.

Cheers

Chris

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Black Sheep:

I can remember thinking to myself as a child, if animals live forever, there won't be any baby animals. No puppies, no kittins, no lion cubs to play with.

Prolly why humans won't need to procreate either.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Mr. Majestic: " when god warned Adam about eating from the tree he would have known what death was because he saw it in the animals around him."

According to this, then, death existed in the Paradise.

If death is unclean, how could this Paradise have been "perfect"?

If Adam and Eve saw animals dying, then what kind of true Paradise would include this kind of sorrow?

Or could it be that Adam had no feelings or emotions toward death?

Is "perfection" a state of having no emotions?

Is this what the WT aims for in desensitizing it's congregants to cut off emotional ties to their families?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Teaching is that animals will die.

But I remember studying with Mormons some years ago, and their teaching was that each and every animal that ever lived, will be resurrected and be able to live forever. Mice, worms - all sorts of insects even, like flies. My response that there then would be a whole lot of flies all around, was treated not with humour.

• blondie
    blondie

I can remember the WTS saying that the animals died in Eden when Adam and Eve were perfect and that they knew what death was from having watched animals die. If animals died then, then animals would die in the sc-called new Eden.

*** w55 9/1 p. 538 par. 47 Part 1—What Do the Scriptures Say About "Survival After Death"? ***In this respect, mankind, because of the condemnation to death that they inherited from Adam, are like the lower animals that die, not because animals are condemned to die for sin, but because their Creator did not decree that they should live forever

*** g 10/07 p. 28 What Happens at Death? ***GOD’S human sons were not meant to die. (Romans 8:20, 21) In fact, when Jehovah first spoke of death to Adam, it was mentioned, not as the outcome that man should normally expect, but as the punishment for disobedience to God. (Genesis 2:17) Adam understood what death meant, since he would have seen animals die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit