Animals living forever

by startingover 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• startingover
    startingover

Does anyone know? Did JW's ever believe that animals will live forever in the paradise? I was having a discussion with a JW friend and he said they did.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

I didn’t read it anywhere but I was told by quite a few people that because animals were not made in gods image, they would die as normal.

The reasoning was that when god warned Adam about eating from the tree he would have known what death was because he saw it in the animals around him.

What the true society take on it is I really don’t know….

• JWoods
    JWoods

Nor do I really recall the last word on the subject, but did they not (at least back in the 1970s when I was involved) teach that in the new system all humans would be vegatarians?

Sort of fails to make a great deal of sense if the cows & sheep were just going to die anyway.

• BirdFood
    BirdFood

I was always told that thy would die. As a child it always made me so sad to think I could live forever but my furbabies would die.

BF

• sir82
    sir82

That's never been an official JW teaching, although there are all sorts of goofy-headed individual JWs with their own goofy-headed ideas of what paradise would consist of.

Imagine a paradise where no animal ever dies. After less than a century the cockroaches would be knee deep everywhere!

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Imagine a paradise where no animal ever dies. After less than a century the cockroaches would be knee deep everywhere!

Another idiotic aspect to it all is that humans can no longer have sex and reproduce, but the lowest animals can go at it full steam while the inhavitants look upon it in awe and jealosy.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When I was raised as a witness in the 60's it was my understanding the animals and the people

would live forever in paradise.

But then it was also my understanding that this earth was going to be destroyed in 1975.

I think somebody was hosing me.

• donny
    donny

I remember asking the elders in my congregation about this one and Jared Hardie told me that the animals would not live forever because they were not in Gods image. So then I asked how can God wipe every tear from our eyes if we see our beloved animal friends biting the dust. There was no answer to that one, only a "suggestion" to quit being troublesome.

Donny

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Considering that animals don't sin or otherwise screw everything up, maybe they should get first crack at living forever.

Ok, Rocco sinned by trashing my livingroom, but I've forgiven him already.

W

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Isaiah 65:17 (NWT): "For here I am creating new heavens and a new earth; and the former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart"

God will apply selective memory erasure for anything bad that happens, ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit