Wars, earthquakes and famines are not signs of the end

by Doug Mason 107 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

"Tell us," they said. "When will this happen? And what will be the sign of your coming? What will be the sign of the end?"

And THEN Jesus said 'Look out that nobody misleads you'

In other words, watch out that you are not mislead by FALSE signs (wars, famines etc) and false prophets.

You are taking things out of context, post the entire scripture in order to get the full understanding. Your reasoning holds no weight. Who are you trying to fool? There are many knowledgable people on here.......

4 Jesus answered, "Keep watch! Be careful that no one fools you. 5 Many will come in my name. They will claim, 'I am the Christ!' They will fool many people.

6 "You will hear about wars. You will also hear people talking about future wars. Don't be alarmed. Those things must happen. But the end still isn't here. 7 Nation will fight against nation. Kingdom will fight against kingdom. People will go hungry. There will be earthquakes in many places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 "Then people will hand you over to be treated badly and killed. All nations will hate you because of me. 10 At that time, many will turn away from their faith. They will hate each other. They will hand each other over to their enemies. 11 Many false prophets will appear. They will fool many people. 12 Because evil will grow, most people's love will grow cold. 13 But the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 This good news of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world. It will be a witness to all nations. Then the end will come.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

fools, being led by fools

• dmouse
    dmouse

I'm not trying to fool anyone? Just saying how I read it. Clear as day to me Jesus was saying that war, famines etc were not part of the sign of the end. The only possible confusion comes from interpretation of the birthpangs bit - but that could mean anything (i.e. these things are minor compared to the real pains of the end).

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think the bible god use of the written word kind of loses it meaning as the centuries go by because of translation and meaning problems not to mention interpretation problems.

I would think an all wise and almighty god would have seen the problem in advance, and used his all-knowingness to devise a better form of communication than ancient texts.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

frankiespeakin I think the bible god use of the written word kind of loses it meaning as the centuries go by because of translation and meaning problems not to mention interpretation problems.

Spike Tassel: fortunately for us, the resurrection of the "ancient worthies" should help solve that "problem". With every era of human history then represented properly, there shouldn't be any problem with dates, and translations, and meanings, once they can get together and talks things out, maybe even here on JWN!!!

frankiespeakin I would think an all wise and almighty god would have seen the problem in advance, and used his all-knowingness to devise a better form of communication than ancient texts.

Spike Tassel: Faith and prayer (à la Hebrews 11:1,6) are wonderful means of accessing the wisdom and patience we require. The "ancient secretaries" will some be back. Till then, Jehovah knows our motives, and will judge us accordingly. Love covers a multitude of sins, after all. And, we are forgiven to the degree that we forgive others.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

earthquakes and natural disasters have ALWAYS been around

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

frankiespeakin I think the bible god use of the written word kind of loses it meaning as the centuries go by because of translation and meaning problems not to mention interpretation problems.

Spike Tassel: fortunately for us, the resurrection of the "ancient worthies" should help solve that "problem". With every era of human history then represented properly, there shouldn't be any problem with dates, and translations, and meanings, once they can get together and talks things out, maybe even here on JWN, if it still even then!!!

frankiespeakin I would think an all wise and almighty god would have seen the problem in advance, and used his all-knowingness to devise a better form of communication than ancient texts.

Spike Tassel: Faith and prayer (à la Hebrews 11:1,6) are wonderful means of accessing the wisdom and patience we require in the meantime. The "ancient secretaries" will soon be back. Till then, Jehovah knows our motives, and will judge us accordingly. Love covers a multitude of sins, after all. And, we are forgiven to the degree that we forgive others.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

How simple and direct are the "Ten Commandments" ? Pretty straight forward if you ask me.

Allow me to summarize if I may:

GOD created humans with the intent of allowing us to have free will for a period of time. He gave us instruction and left us alone to see how we managed. Things get out of hand and therefore GOD finds it necessary to correct our way of thinking. Hence, books of the bible were given throughout various periods of time accordingly.

Men choose to kill out of free will, they choose to build weapons, be selfish, be lustful, and the list goes on. So GOD acts accordingly until His time to take over approaches which has already begin.......

So if man creates nucleur weapons and along with that the wicked spirits in the heavens inspire and coerce man, GOD acts accordingly in order to preserve what HE owns, not any of His creation. GOD owns everything in existence.......

I have been asked this many times to see what would make most sense. Why, Estephan, do you think the spirits including satan, the father of all that is wicked choose to rebel? In my own thinkink I would have no idea or even the slightest clue. Who would rebel against all that is good? So this answer was placed before me to ponder over:

Satan and those that chose to follow satan say that they did not choose to come into existence or be created. And GOD's reply is that it is simple for GOD to remove them from existence without even feeling any emotions, or even know that it is taking place. So no fear whatsoever will even cross their minds. Their reply is that now that they exist they prefer to continue living, but not by GOD's rule or under HIS law. GOD's reply is that there is no other righteous way to exist beside HIS law, and that HE will prove it to them. So the law went forth to allow all creation to exist with free will. GOD then put forth parameters in which the demons could act wickedly and if no parameters were put forth, they would have chose to wipe out everything that GOD created.

So who of you can even begin to question THE ALMIGHTY in all of His Wisdom and Knowledge? That is why I came to be and was chosen. I chose to allow GOD to guide me, and HE did and has.......amen

T.F.D.S.

• Frank75
    Frank75

I love how the JW Apologist Fundy's step around plainly stated texts in their own bible and then play mental hopscotch with passages that they have never read apart from the Watchtowers take on it.

Forget all of this nonsense about Matt 24 because at the very most, it only has application for the Jews and Jewish system that came to its end in 70 CE. Any further application is purely a fanciful trip of the human mind on mushrooms.

Why don't you Fundy's just take a breath?

Why would a man who condemned people (a generation actually) who sought signs as "wicked" and "twisted" and then turn around and provide just such a sign for a future generation?

How does that make sense? Don't cite more proof texts, just deal with the irony?

Either Jesus is bipolar and wants to confuse people with logical reasoning minds, or he didn't give a sign.

Frank75

• Frank75
    Frank75

Fundy DUB's

Luke 21:8

8 He said: "Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them

This text is part of your so called sign(s) passage of Luke. So based on your religions teaching on the last days being the 20th er 21st Century, who would that sign be describing if not groups such as JW's?

Frank75

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit