Wars, earthquakes and famines are not signs of the end

by Doug Mason 107 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

The sign Jesus spoke of was he actual wars where nations were battling one another. This was extreme since pretty the whole world was at war. However he did state that the "end" was not yet but it was the beginning of birth pangs which is know to be around nine months. Wherever you read a verse in relation to birth it has something to do with a period of time or date surrounding the number "nine". What does the following verse describe?

"and the serpent disgorged water from its mouth like a river". This is the beginning of birth where the male ensemenates the female if you read it in that sense of the meaning.

So Jesus Christ was "present" around the time period when the outbreak of world wars occured, however the birth of the Kingdom did not take place until the "time of the end". Which time period was this? Was it by chance close to 90 years later? What events took place 90 years later from the time around 1914" hmmmm

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Matthew 24:4-5 4 And in answer Jesus said to them: "Look out that nobody misleads YOU; 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, 'I am the Christ ["The Christ." Greek, ho Khri·stos´; Latin, Chri´stus; J 17,18,22 (Hebrew), ham-Ma·shi´ach.],' and will mislead many.

Matthew 24:6 YOU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end [Or, "accomplished end; completed end."] is not yet.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

These numerical gymnastics crack me up. It's like listening to Nostradamus supporters. Transpose a few letters here, replace a letter or two there... and you can make any prediction fit whatever was in last night's news.

I mean seriously.. the bible has a quip about "birth pangs" and that is a 'secret code' that means 90 years?

So add 90 to 1914, divide by the 24 of thrones in heaven, apply the 7 gentile times.. that brings us to December 20, 2012... wait.. There's one more throne in heaven - God's throne... that one you ADD as one day... Holy crap!!! Just like the Mayan calander, astrology, and upcomming theatrical film PROVE: The world will end on December 21, 2012!!!

WAIT! 12/21/2012... 1+2+2+1+2+0+1+2 = 11!! 9+1+1 = 11! September 11th!!!!

- Lime

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

The whole Point of Jesus' parables in Matt 24 are YOU don't know when I'm coming. One will be taken one left behind - Keep on the watch - Faithful slave - Evil slave - follish vigins - discreet virgins - slave w/5 talents, 2 talents, 1 talent. sheep and goats. ALL THE SAME ILLUSTRATION! You personally need to be a faithful, sheeplike, discreet, slave that is keeping on the watch for your saviour, because YOU have no idea when he is coming.

Spike - I've looked at appendix 1D - the Greek scriptures NEVER use God's name YHWH. It is added to fit the interpreter's doctrine no other reason.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

If all else fails, go by the spirit the book was written in

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Which book is that, Spike?

The one written by an ancient goat herder?

....or the one one written by a drunken Rutherford?

...... I like Jack Daniels too.

Can I write you a book?????

PLEASE??????????????

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

I read it the same re; earthquakes wars etc………… "the end is not yet"

But, and I believe it to be, how long AFTER these signs will it happen?

Luke 21 v 28, seams to suggest a period AFTER the earthquakes etc.

"But as these things start to occur raise yourselves erect and lift your heads up, because your deliverance is getting near".

KT

• dmouse
    dmouse

How can events that happen all the time, all through history, be a sign of anything? (Which, I also feel, is what Jesus meant)

And don't tell me that famine, disease and earthquakes are worse now than before 1914 because that is demonstrably untrue.

Jesus also said 'Many will come on the basis of my name and say 'The due time has approached' ... do not go after them' Basically, Jesus implied that it would be bloody obvious to everyone when He returned - like 'lightning'.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

How could anyone possible "misinterpret" this scripture?

3 Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives. There the disciples came to him in private. "Tell us," they said. "When will this happen? And what will be the sign of your coming? What will be the sign of the end?"

Jesus gave us MANY SIGNS of his return.......

• dmouse
    dmouse

"Tell us," they said. "When will this happen? And what will be the sign of your coming? What will be the sign of the end?"

And THEN Jesus said 'Look out that nobody misleads you'

In other words, watch out that you are not mislead by FALSE signs (wars, famines etc) and false prophets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit