Wars, earthquakes and famines are not signs of the end

by Doug Mason 107 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    Unless it's false labour!

lol.....

Maybe it is just a huge phantom pregnancy…….??? Or a whole load of gas…….????

Sorry to be so crude, but my guess is the latter………

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

No Spike, Jesus was the sign when he walked upon Earth about 2000 years ago.

But even IF there was a sign pointing to 1914, which I deny, the next step is to go to 1918 and to 1919. And then to explain why every one of the beliefs that caused Rutherford to be anointed is today declared by the WTS as heresy.

Talking about dates, I hope you do know all about the dates used by the GB to arrive at 1914.

Doug

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

that's in the S.I. book and the Daniel book and the Revelation book, and a few other WT publications. When I studied them in the WT programs since 1991, it all checked out A OK for me. That's all I need.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

No Spike! Jesus cannot start to rule until he returns as promised. And Jesus has not returned yet. We still wait for the promised Kingdom of Israel to be restored. Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. What the Watchtower teaches is Antichrist. Invisible presence is a false teaching. It is not found in scripture. I call it a lie, and apostasy of the worst kind. Christ is not only coming but Christ is coming in the flesh. Not invisibly but visibly to stay here for a long time and restore the Kingdom to Israel as promised. As I said before, anyone that can read can see this for themselves.

Joseph

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The first thing Jesus says in answer to the Disciples is "DO NOT BE MISLEAD" ( by what????) afte that he says "The End is not here."

JWs turn the whole thing on its head and only convince those who have never really read the Bible carefully for themselves.

When Jesus says "keep on the watch" he means dont fall asleep to what you should be doing as a Christian,

not looking at the TV news and interpreting it as a sign that the end has come.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

And as for the "Celestial phenomena", jesus says when we see these things he is "NEAR AT THE DOOR", not yet arrived, or even granted his "slave" on earth oversight...

HB

• androb31
    androb31

From what I read Jesus' return will not be obscure or visible only to a special few.

Rev 1:7 (NIV)

Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Andro,

Don't sound like there will be many survivors if that happens even the faithful don't stand a chance if he does it that way,,just think of the panic he will cause,, the USA may even turn their entire nuclear and lasers arsenal on him in fright and you know what that would do to this earth. Do you think he could act quick enough so the nations never seen what hit them? But judging from what I've seen the biblical Deity is usually not too concern about collateral damage on the faithful after all he taught them the sacrificing spirit and loving their god no matter what.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

2 Peter 3:9 reads this way:— Jehovah [See Appendix 1D:— The Divine Name in the Christian Greek Scriptures "Jehovah." Hebrew IHVH (YHWH or JHVH)] is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance [Literally, "change of mind." Greek, me·ta´noi·an.].

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

He has been extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemly patient with me, Spike.

Dad said he was going to kill me years ago and he still hasn't dragged his sorry arse out of bed and done this evil deed yet.

Dad still says his killer God is still going to get me, but it all the evidence points to him needing professional help, rather that me needing protection from his imaginary friend.

Poor old bugger. I would feel sorry for him if he hadn't damaged so many family relationships by influencing so many unsuspecting victims to join Rutherford's nasty little cult.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit