TMZ has a photo of Paris and her brother at the kingdom hall Tues night!!!

by Pandoras cat11 50 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    hopefully they inform them that their father disassociated from the religion as it proved to not work for him.

I never got the impression that he left willingly. He held on as long as he could and then was forced out - more like DA's by his actions and implications from his songs and videos.

The occaisional report of him attending KH without family makes me think he may have been an apologist to the end.

-Aude.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi gayle

your words give a false impression you know there are in reality only 2 meetings a week with various parts, dress code is only for church/kingdom hall sunday best so to speak, weird world were it is now a crime to dress your best for worship? You don't mind dressing codes for work but resent it for worship to god?

while Jws don't do most holidays/celebrations they do have no problem in finding alternate things to have parties on and you know it. We teach our kids with a biblically drawn moral outline beyond that that are kids like any other kids probs with playstation or computer as any other kids.

Of course morality is now bad we must let our kids have complete freedom not knowing were they are so we can go out and party while they would be taking drugs with the local drug dealers hmmm is that me making sweeping generalisations like you have? oh yes but then we know sweeping generalisations are okay by your own don't we?

Reniaa

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Reniaa, there is no dress code for Christians anywhere in the Bible. No where does it say women must wear dresses to worship, men must shave their beards. children must dress in suits and ties like little adults on a regular basis. These are WTBTS dress code rules which go far beyond what the scriptures require, and by adding these extra rules not required of Christians by scripture they are going against the word of God and adding further burdens to their brothers.

You are also guilty of using the fallacious logic called black and white thinking, presenting two choices as if they were the only options. You imply it is better for children to be at the Kingdom Hall worshipping than to be hanging out with drug dealers as if that is the only alternative available and there aren't many wholesome activities for children to do with parents other than attending the Kingdom Hall.

Just as a matter of interest, when I was in high school, the school drug dealer was an elder's son! So using your logic, I could say it is better not to go to the kingdom hall so as to avoid association with drug dealers. Rediculous!

There is also no biblical instructions not to celebrate birthdays or Jesus birth. Please don't ressurect the tired analogies of the bad things that happened at two birthday parties in Biblical times. There were atrocities that happened in the temple in Bible times too. Do we use that as a valid reason not to go to God's house and worship? Do we avoid town squares because Stephen was stoned there. Do we stop going to weddings because some people got drunk there? Again the logic is ridiculous. If we were to avoid places and occasions where murder and immorality happened we wouldn't even be able to set foot in kingdom halls or assembly halls. We wouldn't be able to leave our own houses. Or stay in our own houses for that matter.

Cog

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi Cog

if you read my words you will see i was just trying to highlight Gayle's sweeping generalisation on witnesses which I could equally make on non-witnesses and they would also give a false impression.

Do you undertsand the concept of giving firstfruits to God? Any person with a true Faith in God shouldn't even have to be asked to wear their best clothes for him in worship it should come without thought, I think it really shows were God is in someones life if they want to wear scruffy jeans in praise to God but will make sure they are all dressed and scrubbed for their work boss. I also don't think it does our kids no harm to learn young there are parts of our life were wearing best clothes and putting that extra effort in to show respect and value for God or something important to us.

I Personally think being casual for Church/KH and treating it as part of our weekend fun is a mark of were people put God in their lifes definitely as a social hobby not to be taken seriously if these actions of casualness to worship to him are anything to go by.

weddings have a good review from the bible, but with regards to birthdays i'm sorry but i do think 2 negative reviews clearly showing a celebration to be pagan drawn and not christian biblically is for me a very good reason not to get involved with them but this is for another debate.

Reniaa

• brinjen
    brinjen

Reniaa... please point out the scripture that shows a neat and business like pant suit is unacceptable for women to wear. Or that ties (that have pagan origins) are necessary for men to wear.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Reniaa,

Do you attend the KH currently and are involved with all aspects required of an active Jehovah's Witness?

TIA

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

^^^^^ Good luck getting an answer from Reniaa.^^^^^

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Any person with a true Faith in God shouldn't even have to be asked to wear their best clothes for him

Of course. After they see how everyone else is dressed in suits and skirts, they'll feel like idiots for dressing in jeans & T-shirt because they stand out too much. By next meeting, they've bought some nicer clothes to attend in.

Lemmings-off-cliff

• rebel8
    rebel8
    In order for our comments to show up, you have to go into your email and click the confirmation from the website, and then it will post. You have to do that or it won't show up.

Actually I didn't click any confirmation in an email. My posts ended up showing a few hours later.

You got your wish.....lots of posts supporting you there now!

Oh the dub comments there.....they seem particularly desperate and pathetic to me.....I wish they'd open their eyes...

• rebel8
    rebel8
    dress your best for worship? You don't mind dressing codes for work but resent it for worship to god

Where in the Bible/wt literature does it say that the purpose of meetings/KH is to worship?

For all my 20 years, I was told we were attending meetings to learn and bond with our brothers, not like the worldlies who worshipped in a church.....and the KH is not anymore special than any other building.

And last time I checked, kids don't work.

Also last time I checked, most workplace dress codes are not nearly as strict as jehoho's.

Here women and girls must wear hose, formal shoes, full skirts several inches below the knee, loose blouses buttoned up to several inches above the cleavage, camisoles and slips underneath. No tattoos, fancy highlights or hair colors, unusual or fancy hairstyles, little jewelry, and even less makeup. Makeup and nail polish must be earth tones only. No toe rings or ankle bracelets. No expensive jewelry. No clothing with writing or symbols on it. Flesh colored bras only. Panties flesh toned and no thongs, lace, bikinis.

Men must have full suits, no sport jackets/dress pants because that's too casual. White dress shirts. Plain tie in a muted color. No tattoos, piercings, trendy hairdos. Formal dress shoes only. Little or no jewelry.

Granted, I live in JW fundieland, home state of the infamous world headquarters of wts....but if you admit it to yourself reniaa, you know there are a lot more rules than you said there are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit