TMZ has a photo of Paris and her brother at the kingdom hall Tues night!!!

by Pandoras cat11 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Bump.

So Reniaa has an opportunity to respond to my inquiry.

• watson
    watson

Looks like Blanket got a trim.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    Here women and girls must wear hose, formal shoes, full skirts several inches below the knee, loose blouses buttoned up to several inches above the cleavage, camisoles and slips underneath. No tattoos, fancy highlights or hair colors, unusual or fancy hairstyles, little jewelry, and even less makeup. Makeup and nail polish must be earth tones only. No toe rings or ankle bracelets. No expensive jewelry.

Wow Rebel8:

The East Coast JW's really are different from the West Coast JW's. You might find some orthodox Pentacostal girls dressed like that out here but JW women wouldn't be caught dead dressed like that! I guess we tend to follow hollywood for fashion more than Brooklyn. lol

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I felt the Jackson kids were dressed a little sloppily for Kingdom Hall attendance. Obviously they'll be cut some slack because they're new and their dad just died, however, by Christmas they'll have been taken aside by a friendly, elderly elder (sorry for the tautology) and told that they need to smarten up. Oh, and cut the hair.

As for what we wear playing any sort of role in our worship....well, it only plays a role if what other people think of us matters when we worship God. Making it about us/how we look/what others think about how we look actually negates the whole point of worship. Think about it...

Plus isn't there a scripture about how Jesus doesn't judge on outward appearance?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

The current view is that while God looks at the heart, man looks at the outward appearance, so that needs to be taken into account so that the right impression is reached by the audience being addressed.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

The current view is that while God looks at the heart, man looks at the outward appearance, so that needs to be taken into account so that the right impression is reached by the audience being addressed.

The current view? What does that mean? God's current view? Jesus' current view?

When Jesus ate with sinners, who's view was important then? The view of the Pharisees to whom outward appearance was important (and remember, Jesus called them whitewashed graves, ie. it's what's inside that counts)?

If our interest is in pleasing men or in looking good before men then yes, wearing a business suit when we worship God would be very important.

A couple of verses to consider;

Matt 4: 18 Walking alongside the sea of Gal´i·lee he saw two brothers, Simon who is called Peter and Andrew his brother, letting down a fishing net into the sea, for they were fishers. 19 And he said to them: “Come after me, and I will make YOU fishers of men.”

- Did Jesus expect these guys to go off and get changed, bring their appearance up to a certain standard that would be socially acceptable to onlookers?

Isaiah 55: 1 Hey there, all YOU thirsty ones! Come to the water. And the ones that have no money! Come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk even without money and without price.

- The invitation is to come. There's no caveat that first you'd have to dress or groom according to a certain standard.

It seems you're happy to concede that Jesus doesn't judge from outward appearances. Shouldn't that be enough for us? Why add to that truth by stating that, actually, it's how we look to outsiders that matters. If it doesn't matter to Jesus......

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

The Kingdom Hall is for Kingdom government meetings. Government leaders are typically known for conservative dress, i.e. Obama and Hillary Clinton, etc. It's no surprise that anyone representing a government in the community would want to look the part, in my honest opinion.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

whose kingdom is the KH for spike? Certainly not God's. Oops that leaves only one other choice.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

and here's Isaac in his suit and tie, proving my point [note it's my Post 666]

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

GOd's kingdom would not dwell with false prophets. Read your Bible vassal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit