How many lives have been RUINED by the Organization? Experiences?

by BonaFide 74 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I think that some people deserve to be excommunicated, such as pedophiles. But what about the tens of thousands of others that have their life wrenched out from under them by being disfellowshipped?

And what about those that have a family member that died because of not receiving a blood transfusion? Or those that accepted blood and now feel guilty about it?

Or what about those that are in a congregation with an elder who rules as a dictator, and makes their life miserable?

Or those that suffer from depression because of all the stress in the Organization, and then are not getting the needed help because they think its wrong to get professional help? Or, perhaps they do get help or meds, but they still suffer from the causes of depression that the Organization gives them?

I was deleted as an elder after serving as one since I was 24 years old. It was crushing to me, I didn't sleep, eat, I could barely work. I thought Jehovah really was disciplining me and I didn't know why. I know many of you have had WORSE experiences, but for me, that was bad.

You out there who think maybe we are exaggerating, let me tell you. Sometimes it really feels as if your entire life has been ruined because of the Organization. ESPECIALLY for those that haven't seen the real truth yet. They think there is something really wrong with them.

So, how many lives has the Organization ruined over the years? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Over a million? What really is wicked, killing a person, OR causing their life to be absolute hell?

Each post on this forum is quickly read, and many new topics are added every day. It's easy to laugh at the funny ones, and feel sad for a moment for the sad ones.

These posts that people are writing in here, THAT IS THEIR LIFE THAT IS BEING RUINED BY THE ORGANIZATION, OR ALREADY HAS BEEN RUINED.

Yes, some can get out, some can overcome, and even move on and be perfecty happy. But I just wanted to express to those of you that are suffering because of the cruelty of the Organization or someone in it, that you have company. Whatever comfort you can find in knowing that, I hope it helps. It helps me.

I need to borrow Flipper's expression - Peace out!

BF

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

The saddest thing in my mind is how they screw up the kids. As hard as it was for me when I was df'd, the difficulty must be increased exponentially for those who were born in.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It ruined my life in many many ways.

I was born in it. Escaped when I was 31.

But every day in every way I still pay.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

When I was growing up, one of the brothers married a woman from another congregation. They were married for about 5 years, had several kids, and then got divorced. Turns out, he was gay. The elders told him that getting married would help him. He just couldn't stand living a lie anymore. I'm not sure, but I heard that he commited suicide from the guilt that he felt- guilt for being gay, guilt for leaving his wife and kids, and guilt for leaving the organization.

That has got to be some of the stupidest advice that I've ever heard, "Getting married will cure you!" *puke*

• shamus100
    shamus100

Jadeen,

He just didn't have enough faith in Jehovver! Pray the gay away - Jehover will help you. What? It didn't work? It's still your fault! It's always your fault, no excuses. The ultimate cop-out.

You have got to laugh at this stuff, otherwise you go fucking nuts.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Those who die over the blood rules.

For example, here's one story:

http://www.rickross.com/reference/jw/jw74.html

• reniaa
    reniaa

Another bait thread fishing for hatred by bonafide. your are blinded and controlled by your bitterness bonafide.

Reniaa

• dinah
    dinah

I didn't see anything hateful or baiting in Bonafide's post. Sadness, yes. Everyone has a right to express their experiences and feelings.

Bonafide, I was born in so I know how you feel. So many things would be so different now had I not been born into that religion or had I left sooner mentally. Your life is only ruined if you allow it to be, bro.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Reniaa,

If JWs don't have the truth, then:

1) Those JWs who die over the blood issue have died in vain.

2) Those JWs who shun ex-member family and friends have done so in vain.

3) Those JWs who do not pursue a higher education because it's discouraged by the Watchtower Society have done so in vain.

Many of us here are persuaded that the JWs don't have the truth. It's not bitterness or hatred for us to see the ramifications of that.

You may disagree about the "if" in my first sentence and therefore you most likely believe that those who do these things do so for Jehovah.

We have different world views.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Reniaa - you do what site you're on right? We are people who have been skinned and thrown about by pretend shepherds. The WTS and their representatives have done EVERYTHING the pharisees were condemned by Jesus for and much more. Save the self-righteousness for your meetings. Stick to posts where you can do some good arguing the positive side of witness doctrine not personal experience stuff. Many people want to know they are not alone in there suffering at the hands of these men. And they have every right to ask for this help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit