How many lives have been RUINED by the Organization? Experiences?

by BonaFide 74 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I wouldn't say ruined in my case, just turn upside down thank god nobody in my jw immediate family needed a blood transfusion and died because of not getting it. But I don't dwell that much these days about how the WT screwed me, giving up higher paying jobs so I could pioneer, 2 years of free labour to bethel, etc.. the list can go on if I take the time to think about it, which I think is fruitless for me, at this time(been away from them for over 8 years).

Leaving has been good for me in many ways I'm 56 and glad I didn't spend all of my remaining life working for those ungrateful bastards running the WT. Now atleast I can live my life my way unfettered by governing body, judical committee, or ancient bible codes. I simply chose to use my brain power to thinkof better things to deal with the here and now, and not spend too much mental energy on self pity.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

reniaa, WE ARE NOT ALL EX-WITLESSES.

many upon many here still go to meetings by emotional blackmail!

you discount all our experiences, by nullifying our real problems with WTS you are nothing but a rat.

you are also a liar, how many years has it been since you've been to meetings? how many children do you have home? how many husbands do you have?

(they are rhetoric questions) it really doensn't matter, you're a sorry arse

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Yes, I was deleted awhile back. I changed congregations, but before they sent my publisher card over, they recommended my deletion, and I signed the form at the assembly. Really weird. They had tried previously to delete me, but it didn't work.

But anyway, back to this thread. There are so many sad stories on this forum, and those that have moved on, and have the strength to leave the Organization and start over, or who have faded successfully, that's great. But wow, a lot of suffering.

I want to tell another experience about this.

A family in my congregation many years ago had a Ministerial Servant father, mother, and two kids. The father left the family and the Witnesses. The wife tried her best raising her kids. Neither of them went to college, they pioneered. They were looked down upon in the congregation because they were poor. Their clothes were used. They grew up, and are still Witnesses, so is the mom. But the son married a woman 30 years his senior who convinced him to marry her. He thought he was a loser because he had no privileges because the elders made him try harder because his father wasn't a witness.

The daughter married a flaky witness, and he cheated on her, and didn't get disfellowshipped, and lied about HER to everyone. The mom is scared because she didn't earn a lot of money by cleaning houses for 40 years. Now she says her Social Security won't be enough.

Yes, they are OK. They go to work every day. They go to the movies. But what a life. Treated bad, looked down upon. The son and daughter have to kill themselves to make money. It's just SAD people, AND THIS IS JUST ONE MORE EXPERIENCE.

Yes, other people have problems. And other people have terrible illnesses and suffering.

But so much suffering and so many lives have been ripped apart . TH IS CAN BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE ORGANIZATIONS' POLICIES.

Last week I went to the meeting, and the elders said they want to talk to me after. So here comes the chills and the terrible anticipation of what they want. Did someone out me on this forum? Did I include too much personal information? Is someone accusing me of something? Turns out they want to know why things in my past congregation haven't been "resolved." So here we go again.

Its hard to figure out what to do, there are three choices. Stay in the Organization, and suffer because of the control. Or leave and lose family and friends who are brainwashed, and who WERE RAISED BRAINWASHED. Or leave behind everything and adopt a "who cares" attitude about all the friends who I left behind.

And after this post is written I will feel a little better and then I will read someone else's worse situation and wonder how many millions of people's lives have been ruined by the Watchtower Organization.

BF

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I won't say they ruined my life. I refuse to let them.

F*$% it up...yes, they did that.

They did make me lose out on family relationships I would have enjoyed (holidays with cousins at the grandparent's house, thus giving us a foundation of friendship...lost in youth, but we had a nice one last year!)

They took away so many chances. They lied to me. Then I found out I would die! Stupid generation change.

But all of us who leave are strong. We have courage. You can't buy courage. You can't leave a cult without it. You can't come to terms with everything you will lose without it. I never thought I had courage...until I needed it. I am surprised how strong I am. I also give God credit. I believe with all of my heart, our relocating 800 miles away from family, was so we could find that courage to leave. We needed that, and He knew it and gave us the opportunity. We didn't look for it, He sent it.

It takes time to rebuild. Things that are lost aren't forgotten, but they are carried in the heart and the good memories are cherished (I am speaking of lost friends and family).

When I get overly focused and emotional on lost relationships (family ties) and depressed, I take courage again in knowing "They had my yesterdays, but not my tomorrows". I also take courage from God, knowing I never left him, no matter what the Watchtower says! But He promises, "can a nursing mother forget her child, I will take you up." My mother may never have loved me much, and refuses me and my hubby and children any contact, but God doesn't. He hasn't forsaken me...He has led me. I praise Him for that.

I wish you all the courage you need. The strength to be the one who rises from the ashes. The pilgrim/pioneer who has left his home territory for a new start and finds it. I wish you all peace and contentment and healing of your spirit. God knows we need it.

• Edington
    Edington

Waffles you summed up the profound effects the WTBS has had on our lives so completely!

My heart goes out to you.

Also thanks for the welcome MidwichCuckoo................I'm in the UK too, 'inactive' but still attending some meetings.

I'm lucky that despite 50years in the 'truth' the whole of my immediate family are aware that something is radically wrong with the Org' & can have deep intelligent discussions about it.

Our conclusion is that neither the Org,' the GB, the FDS, no one is going to come between us & Jehovah. It is not easy but we are all happier stepping back from the machinations of the Watchtower world & watching what happens.

Ed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit