How many lives have been RUINED by the Organization? Experiences?

by BonaFide 74 Replies latest jw friends

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Very, very poor analogy reniaa, lol...

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

unlike what this j-off here says, witlesses never tell newly interested ones what ALL THE RULES of being a witless are.

you have to learn as you go and then its too late

• reniaa
    reniaa

maybe lol, I was trying to show we do not go into this religion with our eyes closed we go in with full knowledge, it's not like born agains that induce spiritism events on themselves and get hooked like a druggie on the 'holy spirit' experience. Or People that are shut away in a commune almost immediately and have no contact with outside world. JWs live an admitedly prosaic faith among everyday people as themselves that is about giving the greater part of your love and life to Jehovah and his son Jesus.

I noticed one thing a lot of people don't mentioned why they get df'd especially if it is immorality on here. What if someone leave the witnesses and immediately goes on to do all the things the bible condemns doesn't that show they have lost a faith in god more than the Jws?

When armageddon arrives what if we get a few minutes of realisation before it strikes, what if the fire is reigning from heaven and destroying all including the people around us that have done all the things Gods condemns like adultery, fornication and have rejected the bible, Can they cry foul when the God has given them and the world clear warning?

Reniaa

• Heaven
    Heaven

none of his 'shepherds' had the answers

Yep. Another one of their promises that they never fulfilled for me. I've yet to receive answers to any of my questions. My father has been baptized for over 20 years and he can't answer them either. At the most, I receive 'opinions' and 'guesses'. Usually it's just silence. I find it very arrogant and even blasphemous that the WTS feels they are God's mouthpiece.

witlesses never tell newly interested ones what ALL THE RULES of being a witless are

This is one of the criteria that defines them as a cult.

My Mom gave up on life... and now it seems my Dad has too. So much for the wonderful love and message of this organization. ...And the worldly relatives are left to pick up the pieces.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Dacheech which do they miss out because I was thoroughly told about the df-ing proceedure. On this forum many use the wt cd that is handed out to any and that has full info on too. You may not like it but there is nothing hidden.

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Nothing is hidden reniaa....but converts are not told of dfing or such other cultlike tactics until they are caught...hook, line and sinker

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

bonafide is firmly placing the blame for our actions and choices at the feet of the wt, but were is anyone acknowledging that they themselves have made the choice to become a witness to get baptised?

If you look though the yellow pages and find a job you then apply getting a full info on what is involved and you take the offered job, if it doesn't work out wasn't the choice yours in the first place?

It's easy to blame others the hard thing is accepting you yourself made the choice and so need to take some responsibility if that life didn't suit you and you no longer agree with the doctrine.

Reniaa

You are a GodD@#$ genius at talking out of your ass Reniaa. Really, you should come to the states and go on the carnival circuit and demonstrate your amazing talent of shooting off at the mouth without having a clue as to what you're saying!

• reniaa
    reniaa

how do you know this isaac? because I was told and certainly before I was ever considered for baptism.

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I know from experience, from studying with others that disfellowshipping, at least the full ramifications, are not spoken of until late in the person's study...by that point they are hooked.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I agree that lives and especially families can be ruined by this cult. It has happened in my own extended family and the family that I grew up in and I have seen it happen to several individual family members. When I think about extended family members, there are numerous ones that suffer from moderate to extremely severe depression. Many, many of them take medications for depression, anxiety, "nerves". And they can't function without their evening beer or wine on top of that. Most of these family members are still in but some have left the cult.

But the ones that have left and are still medicating themselves, they have not totally left the cult mentally in my opinion. They have not really moved on with their lives. They are still grieving that they do not have a normal family. They are still wallowing in the guilt that the WTS drowns you in. They are still buried in the negativity of the WTS. They haven't gone back to school. They haven't found another faith. They still live the same way, they just don't go to meetings. At least one that I can think of drowns out all his thoughts with excessive drinking. He knows its not "the truth". I know he knows. But he just has never been able to completely break away and start his own life. He's addicted to the people and family that he knows at the Kingdom Hall. His life is still wrapped around the Kingdom Hall even though he is disfellowshipped and no longer attends meetings. It' s so SAD!

Bonafide, is this new that you have been deleted as an elder? I don't remember that about you before. I do understand that that is crushing. I was a born-in. I do understand.

Everybody reading this CAN GET OUT. You can MOVE ON. You can MAKE A HAPPY LIFE for yourself. We have all suffered and been damaged by this organization. But you do NOT have to let it ruin your whole life. Even if it ruins your family or extended family, you do not have to let it ruin YOUR LIFE. We are in control of our own lives. We need to make the best of what we have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit