How many lives have been RUINED by the Organization? Experiences?

by BonaFide 74 Replies latest jw friends

• SuspiciousMinds
    SuspiciousMinds

Reniaa,

I don't post often but I have found your comments in this thread to be very offensive. You're insisting that anyone who gets baptised into the WTS goes in fully aware of all of the ramifications? So when I was 11 years old and got baptized because my parents and relatives expected it and it was all I knew, I was made aware that I would be df'd if I decided I longer believed that the WTS/GB/FDS is God's channel of communication, that I would no longer be able to have normal relationships with my parents, brother and sisters, aunts and uncles, grandparents, life-long friends...? I "went in with full knowledge" as you say?

The WTS is threatening to cut me off from all the family and friends I've ever known, and you're telling me it's my fault because I "went in with full knowledge"?

You can debate all you want on doctrinal issues, but how dare you have the nerve to post that kind of nonsense in a thread like this.

SM

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I was 12 when I got baptized. I didn't do it because I believed in the religion I did it because my parents believed in the religion and it was the only thing I was ever taught. Had I waited until I was an adult or had I been given more information prior to my "decision" I assure you, things would have gone differently.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I don't post often but I have found your comments in this thread to be very offensive.

SM, Reniaa's sole purpose here is to offend people. It's deliberate. There's no other logical reason for her to come to a site knowing that nearly everyone has an opposite point of view.

She's really a very pathetic individual. If she had a life that was worth living she'd be able to find something better to do with her time than come here and deliberately push people's buttons.

W

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    It's easy to blame others the hard thing is accepting you yourself made the choice and so need to take some responsibility if that life didn't suit you and you no longer agree with the doctrine.

I was born in and I never made that choice.

You made your choice, Dad, but I never followed in your footsteps, so back off.

If you want me to join your cult, answer my question before you ask yours.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

If we all committed while having 'full knowledge' of what we were committing to then most of us would probably still be in. The JWs should at the offset offer a 'Bible' study along with a history of the organization and it's teachings. This way, each person would be fully informed as to what they were getting involved in.

Reniaa knows this isn't the way the witnesses play it. That 'knowledge' of the history of the org, is buried deep and covered over by the men at the top (GB). They allow you to become baptized with 'partial' knowledge of THEM, and then will disfellowship you if you dare to uncover it and question them about it.

FULL KNOWLEDGE MY ARSE ! ! ! !

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Reeina says:

bonafide is firmly placing the blame for our actions and choices at the feet of the wt, but were is anyone acknowledging that they themselves have made the choice to become a witness to get baptised?Just so you know Reeina, I and many many others on this board did not have the opportunity to make a choice. Many of us were born into it, brainwashed from very early impressionable years. I was not taught critical thinking skills. Now that I have finally understood, I am making an informed choice. But I will tell you that watchtower has warped me in many ways. It was warped you too, but you don't even realize it, yet.

you look though the yellow pages and find a job you then apply getting a full info on what is involved and you take the offered job, if it doesn't work out wasn't the choice yours in the first place?Yes but I can back out of the job and find another. You cannot do this with the jw faith. and you know it. I dare you to go to your elders and inform them, that you have decided to look elsewhere now and see what will happen. Or better yet, if you are so broad minded and feel that you know something that we don't, tell you elders that it's your choice to be on this so -called apostate forum. I would love to hear if you will change your tune when it touches your flesh.

It's easy to blame others the hard thing is accepting you yourself made the choice and so need to take some responsibility if that life didn't suit you and you no longer agree with the doctrine. This statement lacks maturity and obviously you have many things to learn.

• Waffles
    Waffles

Pressured into getting baptized at age 13 by my family and friends - check.

Avoided higher education and a career because the end was to happen any minute now - check.

Married a good Christian sister and remained a virgin until then - check.

Lived in constant fear of never doing enough for Jehovah - check.

Barely able to afford a small place for my wife and I to live even though I worked my ass off - check.

Wound up snapping from the pressure, getting drunk, being DF'd for it, and landing in a mental institution - check.

Having my wife leave me because I'm DF'd - check.

Having my entire family and all my friends drop me like a hot potato when I was in troubled waters - check.

Considering that I'm broke as hell, utterly alone with no friends or family, have no education or career skills to get myself anything other than an entry level position, and have lived for 3 decades while doing absolutely nothing noteworthy - I would say yes, this organization has ruined my fucking life. Fuck the b0rg.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

bonafide is firmly placing the blame for our actions and choices at the feet of the wt..Once your in the WBT$ Cult you have no choices..

but were is anyone acknowledging that they themselves have made the choice to become a witness to get baptised?..I was born in just like so many here..We had less of a choice than anyone..

If you look though the yellow pages and find a job you then apply getting a full info on what is involved and you take the offered job, if it doesn't work out wasn't the choice yours in the first place?..I did`nt "Apply" to be Born into a Cult.....Idiot!!............LOL!!

It's easy to blame others the hard thing is accepting you yourself made the choice and so need to take some responsibility if that life didn't suit you and you no longer agree with the doctrine...Hopefully one day,McDonalds will invent a "Shut the F*ck Up Burger!!"..LOL!!

Reniaa

maybe lol, I was trying to show we do not go into this religion with our eyes closed we go in with full knowledge,..Actually you showed everyone you don`t know what your talking about..

it's not like born agains that induce spiritism events on themselves and get hooked like a druggie on the 'holy spirit' experience. ..Your hooked on the WBT$..You publicly admit to not following the WBT$.....But..You will defend them.........It`s much easier than being a Real Jehovah`s Witness.........

Or People that are shut away in a commune almost immediately and have no contact with outside world...Jehovah`s Witness`s have minimal contact with the outside world..It`s manditory in the WBT$ Cult..

JWs live an admitedly prosaic faith among everyday people as themselves that is about giving the greater part of your love and life to Jehovah and his son Jesus...The WBT$ fired Jesus a long time ago..

I noticed one thing a lot of people don't mentioned why they get df'd especially if it is immorality on here...You Whine and Bitch every time someone asks you something,you consider personal..Hypocrite!!

What if someone leave the witnesses and immediately goes on to do all the things the bible condemns doesn't that show they have lost a faith in god more than the Jws?..People do not go out and break every Biblical Commandment..Just because they escape a Corrupt anti-Christ Cult,run by the WBT$.......That is just another WBT$ Lie,you Promote..

When armageddon arrives what if we get a few minutes of realisation before it strikes, what if the fire is reigning from heaven and destroying all including the people around us that have done all the things Gods condemns like adultery, fornication and have rejected the bible,..What if?..What If?......What if you actually said something that was`nt absolute BullSh*t?

Can they cry foul when the God has given them and the world clear warning?..You are constantly proved wrong..Because..You don`t know what you are talking about.....I wonder if McDonalds has that new "STF-Up Burger" on the menu yet?

Reniaa

............................LOL!...OUTLAW

• shamus100
    shamus100

I don't see what the difference is between an internet bully and Reinna, personally. Thinkly-veiled comments, stories that don't jive, and being obtuse... same old shit.

Who's to say this isn't Reinna right now? Or anyone here for that matter?

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Jesus Jumpin Christ OUTLAW! Hurry up and buy her one of those burgers! If they're expensive, let me know, and I'll take out a second job to help pay for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit