How many lives have been RUINED by the Organization? Experiences?

by BonaFide 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Waffles:

I don't know your whole story or how old you are. But you can make some choices in your life now that will make your life better and move you further away from your JW past.

You can make new friends. Honestly, you can. Surely you have friends at work. Get to know them better. Take a class any kind of class. You'll meet new people and learn something new.

Don't let the borg ruin any more of your life. And I totally agree. Fuck the borg!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Shamus..Reniaa`s Bullying is Vieled..

It allows Her/Him ,to cry "Victim" when confronted..

The Bully we are dealing with is much older than the one in your picture..

Reniaa does`nt like this thread..

Reniaa will do what ever it takes to bring this thread off topic..

It`s time once again to bring this Thread back on topic..

IGNORE RENIAA!!..

It`s the only way to get the Troll..

Under Control..

.....................OUTLAW

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I have a 16 y old son. There is NO way in the world that I would allow him to make a lifelong decision at such a young age. He's not old enough to vote, buy property or sign a legal document. Yet, when I was "13", I was baptised. Jesus was baptised at age 30. Now tat I am out, I don't miss the guilt, the doom and gloom attitude or any of the judgmental people associated with the religion.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

My family was torn apart by the WBT$ Cult..

.............................OUTLAW

• Japster
    Japster

Reeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

You are a reall pain n the ass. I do not believe your fake biography that you WERE a witless and BEWARE because I'm sthinking of becoming a witless again. You ARE a witless through and through and as OUTLAW so eloquently put it please have a SUPER Sized S T F**K up burger!!!!!!!!!

You have know right to be on this thread at all 'councilling' others who have had there lives 'altered' drastically by this destructive cult the WTB$$$$$$!!

Cheers

Japster

PS....outlaww.....snet you a pm.....again

• caliber
    caliber

Reniaa how do you feel the WT. feels about the term "age of legal consent" How do they feel about the terms"

age of majority,"" age of criminal responsibility" or the" marriageable age."

Is it right to hold the mind of a 13 0r 14 year old to a lifetime of consequences for poor decisions ? Surely even you know that you can't walk away from a witness baptism like you would quiting a job ? Who is being the unreasonable one here ? When is comes to "age of responsibility" whose view is most distorted , harsh and unloving ?

If you judge people constantly, when will you have time to love them ?"

• Casper
    Casper

Reniaa, are you serious ?? LMAO

From my own experience, I was never told about the disfellowshipping clause upfront. The only time in the beginning
    it was even remotely touched upon was one time, when I was paraded around at at meeting.

Being a "New" study, that was actually willing to come to a meeting, I was introduced to most, I noticed a Lady sitting
    alone at the back of the hall and I asked "Is she Ok ?". The response I got was, "Oh, she's having problems, its best
    if we don't bother her."

It wasn't until months later, after the fact, that I leaned the real reason for her sitting alone.

Comments that we know what we're getting into from the get go... make me sick, so many things are glossed over, or
    as I was told... "We'll learn more about that later". Well guess what, later never came until it was too late.

Bonafide,

I agree with your opening post, many have been hurt in so many ways. Personally... I was beaten down by the "Do More,
    Do More" mentality of it all.

Cas

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Reniaa,

I once thought the WTBS was the best. But when you receive unjust, unscriptural, unloving treatment from the elders, my views suddenly changed. The WTBS know that elders can make serious mistakes, that is why they provide a means to appeal their decisions. But what is really bad is when a CO can influence body of elders to come to the wrong conclusions. Even though I made a final appeal to the Branch Office, they have absolutely no idea what is going on and automatically go with the local elders decision. Why have an appeal if the appeal process is also flawed.

When my daughter was disfellowshipped, the elders insisted that she had to be kicked out of the house. I got dragged down with her when I did not remove my daughter out of the house. The WTBS change their policies and say that the light is brighter. Now the policy of disfellowshipped children living in the parents home is different, but the elders do not come by and say they are wrong in their previous decision. When an individual elder talks to one, he states that the decision should never have taken place or that the Branch should have caught the error. But when this same elder is with another elder, he states that the decision was proper.

I did not make the mistake, the WTBS just changed to harmonize their stand with my original actions. Why should I go through the process to please the Organization when they made the original mistake. Therefore I continue with my life, though it is difficult when jw family relatives avoid me like the plague. What makes me sick is that if my daughter would have been disfellowshipped just a few years later (after the WTBS policy change), this scenerio would have been entirely different.

• caliber
    caliber
    Comments that we know what we're getting into from the get go... make me sick, so many things are glossed over, or
    as I was told... "We'll learn more about that later". Well guess what, later never came until it was too late.

Wth regards to disfellowshipping, marking etc...'"full disclosure " upfront would be the loving thing to do.. but this would

overide a more pressing and prime objective of "power and control "

Men judge us by the success of our efforts. God looks at the efforts themselves. ~
    Charlotte Bronte
  • ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I wouldn't say my life has been ruined by it. My child hood sucked to say the least, I feel I missed out on a lot of things most kids enjoy and I had a fanatical mother that felt it was the elders responsibility to discipline us instead of her and my dad.

It didn't ruin my life because I didn't allow it to. I left, I accepted the risk of loosing my family and the few people I called friends that were JW, it was worth it for my freedom.

I got married, had children, went to school got 2 degrees and I have a full, rewarding life, career and my children are happy, healthy adults without the burden of being JW's and that was my goal. Mission accomplished! To hell with those that couldn't accept me for me.

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit