two witness ruling ?

by KAYTEE 154 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

He pulled that one out of his a$$

Sorry for being so blunt....wait no I'm not. It's all about control, towing the party line, sweeping the dirt under the carpet, and letting the victum hang. And it stinks to high heaven.

Josie - mother of an eleven year old daughter

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

darn disappearing posts

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

It's just that having a baptism nullified is extremely rare, and I don't believe this situation that he's proposing would warrant such an extreme thing.

Makes me wonder where he is at (congregation-wise).

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

[Spike Tassel] is NOT one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

This announcement confirmed a conclusion based on the logic presented by my JC, that my baptism as a JW was invalid.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You may be a df'd invalidated jw but you are a jw apologist

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

lol I just told my hubby about the two witness rule and he said it frichen crazy

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

An "annulment of baptism" with "continued attempt at reproof" is not a "disfellowshipping", even if the treatment by the rank-and-file is similar. A "disfellowshipping", as I understand it, requires one's "WT baptism" to be considered "valid".

I have never served as a Regular Pioneer, Ministerial Servant, or Elder, though I was considered as an Auxiliary Pioneer (I think twice, but I can't prove it because I destroyed my copy of the service stats) before being deleted as a publisher (twice), which preceded the announcement I mentioned regarding [Spike Tassel] NOT being one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Having taken no course on reasoning and logic, I am unqualified to discuss the matters brought up by Big Tex. Having my own emotional knothole to work through is why I'm here on JWN, and I suspect that the same could be fairly said regarding Big Tex. We each do the best we can based on who we each are as a person. Since none of us is perfect, I suspect that none of us is wholly sound, after all.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

An "annulment of baptism" with "continued attempt at reproof" is not a "disfellowshipping", even if the treatment by the rank-and-file is similar. A "disfellowshipping", as I understand it, requires one's "WT baptism" to be considered "valid".

Jehovah's Witnesses don't need a real reason to shun, or look down their noses on others. It comes naturally, masking their own insecurity and doubts. From what little I've seen in this life, oftentimes when one displays such superior arrogance, with no reason or accomplishment to otherwise merit such an attitude, it only masks what is underneath. I've never been disciplined in any way whatsoever by that sect, and yet no Witness will speak with me. Fortunately I don't consider them good association and a danger to my children so they're doing me a favor.

I have never served as a Regular Pioneer, Ministerial Servant, or Elder, though I was considered as an Auxiliary Pioneer (I think twice, but I can't prove it because I destroyed my copy of the service stats) before being deleted as a publisher (twice), which preceded the announcement I mentioned regarding [Spike Tassel] NOT being one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

I can only speak for myself. It doesn't matter to me either way, whether you are, or are not, one of Jehovah's Witnesses. What does matter is your apparent support of a rule from this weird little sect that protects sexual offenders at the expense of children.

When I wa a Witness (I left in 1989), I was threatened with being disfellowshipped if I continued to speak out about my ministerial father's sexual abuse of me. I was told I was guilty of slander, since I did not have 2 eyewitnesses who were baptized Jehovah's Witnesses. The last little bit was added after I persuaded 2 worldly relatives to testify in front of the elders. They didn't give a damn one way or the other, they just wanted me to shut up. If the heavens parted, and god himself spoke out, it would not have been enough. If I had been raped on the 50 yard line of a stadium, in front of 70,000 screaming fans with videotape rolling, it wouldn't have been good enough.

And when I left, this being before the Internet, the thought occurred to me that if this happened to me, was it possible that it had happened to others?

Irregardless, if such treatment of a victim occurs even once it is inexcusable. This is a subject about which I am passionate, and when I read someone defend the rule I cannot stand by and say nothing. You see this particular issue is about real people who have suffered hideous treatment. This isn't about what some spare goat herder did or didn't say 2,000 years ago in a dead language. As I've said many times, Jehovah's Witnesses don't give a damn about people, people who suffer and need real help. They are a sham, a lie that tries to trick people into believing the carrot offered them is real when in fact it is only a trap.

Having taken no course on reasoning and logic, I am unqualified to discuss the matters brought up by Big Tex. Having my own emotional knothole to work through is why I'm here on JWN, and I suspect that the same could be fairly said regarding Big Tex. We each do the best we can based on who we each are as a person. Since none of us is perfect, I suspect that none of us is wholly sound, after all.

Please re-read my post as I very specifically asked you to respond, not from reason or logic but from the Bible. Which I grant you, is not always reasonable or logical. You expressed support for the 2 witness rule, you have also defended Jehovah's Witnesses on other threads. You also called me a liar. I don't take kindly to that. This paragraph strikes me as disingenuous as you seem to be trying to spin previous posts. I don't appreciate that. I called you out, I asked you to back up your accusation. You couldn't. And the more I asked for a response, the more bitchy little comments I got from you.

If you are out of your depth on a subject, at least have the balls to say so up front. No snide comments, no obfuscation, just be straight. You chose to take the approach Jehovah's Witnesses take which is to avoid giving a direct answer, whilst making bitchy comments that places blame for the situation on the other person. I've been through this bullshit enough to recognize it. I've been on this board for over 7 years. I actually started on this board because of my wife, not me. My issues were long buried. However, they can still be stirred up.

This is a discussion board on the Internet, where all we have to identify ourselves are words. Words that we write. You have chosen some very poor words in this thread. Like the man said, "Better to be thought a fool than open one's mouth and prove it."

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

The situations we are each all in are opportunities to show love. And I really ought to show Big Tex some love, for he is my neighbour here, after all. Sorry for being caught off guard. On the other had, if Big Tex has already asked 10 people high up and not got the answer he was looking for, how is it fair that he sets me up like I should be the "one in the know" just coming in off the street, so to speak, and without a WT-library on CD to research this out any better than you can. After 7 years, one might think that Big Tex surely has connections to Blondie, et al. who have the WT quotes right ready up their sleeves, or so it seems. Sometimes, I suggest, it is these simple things that show how true it is that the biggest room in our heart is the room for improvement. Sorry, y'all, this dust-up with Big Tex wasn't what I came prepared for. But, hey, life's quite often like that, it would seem sometimes. Ah well, we live some, we learn some.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Spike Tassel and Reniaa..

The King and Queen of "Babble-On'.........LOL!!

It really piss`s me off..When someone like Big Tex has to relive abuse,because of a pair of idiots..

Spike Tassell and Reniaa..

You both support the 2 Witness Rule..Even in cases of sexually abused children.....If you support it,you must think it is a good rule for everyone.....Even you!!..

The 2 witness rule protects pedophiles..The WB$ makes the Rules,that protect Pedophiles.......Renia and Spike Tassel think those rules are good..

Reniaa and Spike Tassel..

I have a question for both of you!................Do you feel you need the Protection,the WBT$ provides for Pedophiles?

Reniaa has consistantly ignored this Question..No matter how many times I have asked it of Her/Him..

Spike and Renia,I await your reply..

...........................LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit