two witness ruling ?

by KAYTEE 154 Replies latest jw friends

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

"People who support Pedophiles,are as guilty as Pedophiles....."

In the case of Ely, who would not take action against his sons when they were doing gross actions against God. (when he should have).

God himself stepped in and took the necessary action against Ely. (we know what happened).

Let us hope that the same principle applies to those, that take NO ACTION , against those offending paedophiles!!! (When it is obvious they should).

KT

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    People who support Pedophiles,are as guilty as Pedophiles

Spot on.

That's a good point Kaytee, I had never thought of his story. And you're right, Witnesses are quite fond of using the Old Testament as "examples" of god's feelings and thoughts. Except of course when it contradicts something they believe!

Chris

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Spike Tassel wrote:

"The errant-JW pedophile's underlying issues need to be addressed so that he can take proper responsibility for his [assuming the pedophile's male] actions, which would be along the lines of a 12-step AA-type program but with a JW-perspective. A compassionate elder who has familiarity with conducting Bible studies in a penal setting would be ideal, I would think."

Spike, this scenario that you envision is a complete fantasy. The large majority of pedophiles are very efficient at what they do, and cold-blooded at doing it. They spend weeks, sometimes months and years, grooming and selecting their victims; these are not people who respond to a 12 step program voluntarily. Child sexual abuse is a crime. It needs to be treated in criminal courts. The congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is not equipped to deal with rehabilitating sexual abusers; at the first mention of possible sexual abuse, the victim needs to be referred immediately to the police; not to the elders, not to the watchtower's legal department. The police.

The mistake that churches, including Jehovah's Witnesses, make again and again and again is trying to treat sexual abuse in house. They want to think of it as a sin, rather than a crime. In the case of Jehovah's Witnesses, they have adopted the tactic that has been used by many churches over the years; they hide it. It's bad publicity.

The very first thing that needs to change within Jehovah's Witnesses is the minute sexual abuse of children is mentioned, the police must become involved. How hard is that to understand?

Spike, you also said that if an Elder attended the trial of a witness that was convicted, that would mean he is a second witness. You obviously know absolutely nothing of real-world cases of abuse. Research the case of Paul Berry in New England; this man abused his daughters over a long period of time, was convicted and sent to prison for dozens of years. He was never disfellowshipped, and members of the congregation stood in for him as a character witness. This is not an isolated incident.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Elders, MSs, and the rest of JWs need to be trained, with exams, as to proper mediation, counsel, and reform techniques and each of the steps of the 12-step approach, in the context of the Scriptural principles they are based on. The Scriptures are very clear on all the aspects of love, including reproof. Isaiah 48:17-18 and 2 Timothy 3:16-17 mention the benefits of learning and obeying Jehovah's counsel. At Hebrew 4:12 clearly indicates that one's heart CAN be reached, both by Jehovah God and those who apply sound methods, even as the world's methods are able. Training by Bible-principles should be mandated for those jailed as JWs as parto f their theocratic discipline.

I'm talking a mandatory personalized 12-step in order that the wrongdoer may be properly reformed and may be a benefit to both himself, his victims, and the community at large. It is community service based on free will gone awry.

A properly-held court trial [according to Romans 13 regarding anyone attending the KH and any JW of any description] should have its results applied at all KHs. After all, is it not the brothers in his faith that have the responsibility of helping him (and those he has affected) where he has shown himself clearly unable to do so himself?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

All cases that have been investigated by a JC should have to make a mandatory filing, including video tape and transcriptions and legal counsel, just as any other legal proceedings, and published internally as case law. Those who disagree with the JC ruling (whether to disfellowhip or not, etc.) should all have the right and opportunity to appeal, and the means to do so. This appeal should be by an independent body made up of individuals not knowing either the JC members or those investigated or the witnesses or any of other participants in the case.

Those being investigated should be allowed the right to record the JC trial, including by video tape and transcriptions. The WT CD-rom and precedents (such as letters directing the elders, and material from the Flock book) should be fully available to all who are interested in being JWs or who are/ have been JWs at any time, including Defense and his counsel.

These are my recommendations.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

You are proposing exactly what will make this matter worse; the WT handling what is a POLICE matter.

The elders are not coaches, or mentors, or counselors; what you are talking about will never be proposed, or attempted by the WT.

Please do research on the recidivism rate of pedophiles.

P

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

The New System is upon us, the governments and their agents will be gone, and the Bible (if accepted) really can change hearts.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I'm talking about the police and worldly court system as well as the congregation playing complementary roles within the parameters of theocratic order.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I've been pretty tough on Spike in this thread, but I will give him credit for having the guts enough to point out that Jehovah's Witnesses are wrong in their treatment of child abuse victims.

I may not agree with his recommendations but I do commend him for acknowledging that demanding a child present 2 eyewitnesses is not just Biblically wrong, but morally as well.

Chris

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Spike Tassel..

You have not answered my questions..

The WBT$ makes it impossible for Police,to investigate a sexual crime against a child..

I don`t give a "Rats Ass" about your recommendations..

Your recommendations are`nt worth Shit,in WBT$ World..

Your recommendations are`nt worth Shit,in the Real World..

It`s time to take responsibility for "Your decisions"..

You wanted to Know what the WBT$ rules are,that Protect pedophiles..

And..

I answered you ..

It`s time to answer my Questions..

.............................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit