two witness ruling ?

by KAYTEE 154 Replies latest jw friends

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

"pretty and overextended words"

lol

• avishai
    avishai

I doubt he'll answer, but lets see if he does.....

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

SPIKE!!

Your baptism was nullified?????? Never have I heard of this. I am interested in your story. The last I read in the mags about nullifying a baptism was that it was REALLY frowned upon. But I think the article was focussing on ones who later felt they were baptised too young and were wondering if they should get re-baptised.

Anyhow, I'm not doubting your story, just hoping to understand it.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Big Tex wrote:—

The two witness rule was put in place as a means to silence any victim from reporting. Jehovah's Witnesses are not interested in justice, they just want things to run quietly so they can sell their inane magazines. It's about stats, not people.
    The two witness rule is evil. Evil cannot exist where a god of love is, therefore the god of the Bible does not exist amongst Jehovah's Witnesses.

My reaction right after that [Page 2], was, as follows:— I consider Big Tex's comments here as slanderous. To clarify, I take exception to the following 6 phrases:— 1) "as a means to silence any victim from reporting", 2) "not interested in", 3) "sell their inane magazines", 4) "stats, not people", 5) "The two witness rule is evil.", and 6) "Evil cannot exist where a god of love is", and 7) the god of the Bible does not exist amongst Jehovah's Witnesses.

Big Tex's comments appear to reflect his emotional pain and personal frustration, and appear to not reflect accurately on the facts or the work with which Jehovah's Witnesses in general (and JCs in particular) are tasked to do. I am reminded of Proverbs 12:18, which applies to me also:—There exists the one speaking thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, but the tongue of the wise ones is a healing.

May we each be amongst the wises ones so that we may each be healed and so that we may each help in the healing of others. May we each no longer speak thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, even if others may still do so in our presence. Who do we look to as our role model:— Jesus Christ, or Satan the Devil? Our choice of thoughts, words, and actions will show us up, I suggest.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Tamara, I'm wanting to understand it, myself. If only they would e-mail me, or post on here, so I can make a proper go of it. In the meantime, I enjoy the full program to the extent that my circumstances all, including participating in the singing with full vocal variety. It keeps me and others upbeat, LOL. And, I'm free to comment that way. The interchange of encouragement is wonderful, limited though it may be.

• avishai
    avishai

Thanks for the answer. Oh, and as to your comments to Big Tex? Yeah, I've heard more than once, from more than one body of elders "If you report this, you will be df'd". So, he's right, your a moral equivicating idiot. Answer me. The weight of cases where children are STILL victimized by this rule makes YOU bloodguilty if you refuse to see....

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

The way I see it, the threats [of being df'd if one reports] are not a stumbling block if one has the abundance of peace referred to at Psalm 119:165. There is an appeals process, after all.

If I am bloodguilty, how so, and what then? I am relying on the multitude of counselors, so that Jehovah may be found true, despite the words of imperfect humans such as I am.

• avishai
    avishai

The threat itself should not exist, especially when every publisher is techinically ordained. Ant the appeals process is a joke. An appeal is overturned less than 1% of the time.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

The Day's Text & Comments for Monday, July 13, 2009 (as provided by Todays Daily Text) appears useful in this Topic's context. It reads as follows:—

Speaking the truth, let us by love grow up in all things into him who is the head, Christ.—Eph. 4:15.

In most congregations, there are individuals at all stages of Christian development. Some of them are new in the faith. Maybe their conscience is almost silent on certain issues, yet the voice from within speaks loudly about others. Such ones may need time and help to become attuned to Jehovah’s guidance and responsive to their own trained conscience. (Eph. 4:14) Happily, in the same congregations, there likely are many who have deep knowledge, experience in applying Bible principles, and a conscience very much in harmony with God’s thinking. What a joy it is to be around such “clean persons” who see as morally and spiritually “clean” the things that are acceptable to the Lord! (Titus 1:15; Eph. 5:10) May we all have as our goal developing to that point and maintaining such a conscience in line with the accurate knowledge of the truth and godly devotion.—Titus 1:1. w07 10/15 2:18

• avishai
    avishai

OK, spike. go to a shrink. Your scriptural analogies are fulla shit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit