two witness ruling ?

by KAYTEE 154 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

AGREED SPIKE! JWS NEED TO REALIZE THIS TOO. THEY ALSO NEED TO REALIZE GOD DOES NOT WORK THRU ONE ORGANIZATION, AS THEY BELEIVE.AND EVEN IF GOD DID WORK SOLELY THRU ONE ORG- IT CERTAINLY WOULDN'T BE THE JWS- CHOCK FULL OF ERRORS AND FALSE PROPHECIES.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

AGREED SPIKE! JWS NEED TO REALIZE THIS TOO. THEY ALSO NEED TO REALIZE GOD DOES NOT WORK THRU ONE ORGANIZATION, AS THEY BELEIVE.AND EVEN IF GOD DID WORK SOLELY THRU ONE ORG- IT CERTAINLY WOULDN'T BE THE JWS- CHOCK FULL OF ERRORS AND FALSE PROPHECIES.

• sir82
    sir82
    If any in a JC has a forensics background, that would be interesting!

Given the JW attitude toward any field of study requiring more than a certificate from a community college I agree!

However, you're missing the point of the post. To wit:

Suppose that forensic evidence (e.g. DNA), readily available from court transcripts, proves beyond doubt that Brother Lecher raped 12 year old Molly, and on the basis of that evidence he is sent to prison. Yet Molly is the only eyewitness to this act. Will Brother Lecher be disfellowshipped?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

"God does not …" and "even if God did" shows ambivalence on Isaac's part, I suggest. Chock full of "errors" and "false prophecies"? Surely most of us have done far worse individually, if the full truth could be told. I know I'm still learning, even as the FDS admits to also. We all in that "biggest room in the house — the room for improvement". It is 1 Corinthians 13:12 states:— For at present we see in hazy outline by means of a metal mirror, but then it will be face to face. At present I know partially, but then I shall know accurately even as I am accurately known."

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I did not say God shows ambivalence. And I said the org is chock full of errors and false prophecies....so even if God did work solely thru an org it certainly would not be the one JWs follow.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Isaac may show amibivalence, as the record shows and as I have so pointed out, even if he denies it. Isaac is not God, I agree. The org is like the wheat and the chaff. The final separation hasn't taken place, I suggest.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

spike says:

The final separation hasn't taken place, I suggest.

My reply:

agreed. Neither has the judging of who is a faithful and wise servant and who is not.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

The WTBS goes by two "human" eye-witness rule, preferably JW eye-witnesses. As for forensic or DNA evidence, that is not counted as a "human" witness. Even non-JW witnesses can or cannot be used, depending on the viewpoint of the local elders. That is why some "bad" people continue to exist in the jw organization with immunity.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

And why some "repentant" people continue to exist outside the JW organization without a way in.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Any allegation of child abuse should be reported to the authorities. That is WTBS policy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit