two witness ruling ?

by KAYTEE 154 Replies latest jw friends

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

If a paedophile commits a crime against a junior there has to be, according to the Watchtower two witnesses for action to be taken.

If one party of a marriage commits adultery, does there have to be the same, (two witnesses) before action is taken?

If not…………………..

KT

• reniaa
    reniaa

Our own court of laws work on two witness rule, when it is one person's word against another they use forensic or gathered evidence as the second witness, the basic thought on the two witness rule is to stop false accusations. And as many forget it does originate with the bible.

Reniaa

• highdose
    highdose

the law courts may indeed work like that. but that does not mean its right. many is the case where criminmals go without punishment for that reason.

however don't JW's have a rule that if 2 members of the opposite sex spend time alone together in say a house, that is grounds for a JC. Because they automaticlay assume that they must have done somthing wrong?

PS. posters take note, i can't spell, never have, never will :)

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Our own court of laws work on two witness rule, when it is one person's word against another they use forensic or gathered evidence as the second witness, the basic thought on the two witness rule is to stop false accusations. And as many forget it does originate with the bible.

Reniaa

reniaa you are such an expert at misinformation but I'm going to leave it at that because I have a lot of things I need to be getting on with

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

highdose - they do, but not as "automatic" as you state it; if you add that they have spent the night in the house, you are closer to the truth. To the two-witnesses point can be added, that separate instances with one witness at each instance also qualifies to the same degree as does a case with two witnesses. So 1 case 2 witnesses = JC, and also 1 case 1 witness + 1 case 1 witness = JC.

• fokyc
    fokyc
    KT said "If a paedophile commits a crime against a junior there has to be, according to the Watchtower two witnesses for action to be taken."

You have missed an important point, two witnesses are required to take THEOCRATIC action.

Regarding LEGAL or POLICE action, the elders do what they want, in cooperation with the Branch Legal lads.

Remember I have real live experience of this one.

In fact the elders can do just whatever they want to,

if they make an error of judgement they cover it up with lies.

fokyc

PS Regards to Twinkletoes and yourself.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

An important point is being missed and continues as such by the WB&TS: adultery/fornication = sin, while child molestation = crime.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

And as many forget it does originate with the bible.

Then please start Christian public stoning again. And slavery. And make sure you don't eat lobster or shrimp. And since we're in the Last Days and all, for God's sake don't get married or have children!

Jeez...it's almost funny...

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

To answer the ORIGINAL question (geez, people!) yes, the two witness rule still applies unless there is a confession or clear "evidence" (I use the term loosely) such as two witnesses observing someone spending the night at someone else's house.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Does the two witness rule apply if an elders' wife is raped by a brother? I have a feeling that it will not.

Villabolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit