two witness ruling ?

by KAYTEE 154 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Well said, Tex :

Nothing changes because they don't want things changed. The 2-witness rule will never change 'cus "it's in the Bible".

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    The 2-witness rule will never change 'cus "it's in the Bible".

I've asked Witnesses for 20 years to show me one, just one place in the Bible where Jehovah God wants a child abuse victim to present 2 eyewitnesses. That they cannot says a lot about their true motivation in having this rule in place.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Big Tex..

Good afternoon Bud!..I`ve been gone for days and my Question still has`nt been answered by "Tweedle Dumb" or "Tweedle Dumber........You were right!...This could be a long wait..LOL!!

Reniaa and Spike Tassel..

I have a question for both of you!................Do you feel you need the Protection,the WBT$ provides for Pedophiles?

Reniaa has consistantly ignored this Question..No matter how many times I have asked it of Her/Him..

Spike and Renia,I await your reply..

...........................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

How are you doing my friend? Hey I'm stuck in an oven down here in Texas, ya wanna maybe send some of that cool northern air down here!?

Yep business as usual. No answers and demonize anyone who dares to question the god-like Watchtower.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I think the problem is their interpretation of what consistutes a "witness" to something.

Circumstantial evidence or forensic evidence can speak louder than words, yet is not accepted as being a "witness".

And in the case of child abuse, common sense should prevail, since very rare is anyone but the child a witness to that. There are other Bible principles that should OVER-RIDE the 2-witness rule in certain cases. (Like child sexual abuse.)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Big Tex..

I`m doing good Bud!..I just moved from Canada`s only Desert,to a place not much cooler.....

In the summer..Its as hot as Texas,in some parts of Canada.....

Come winter..I can send you all the cold weather you want..LOL!!

..........................OUTLAW

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I go by the Bible for my standards and let God be true in everything. All humans alive at this time are credible only as they follow the Bible's standards. If they don't (whoever the they may include), I have them mentally marked, and reprove when possible. I look to the Bible and its adherents for improvement in life, not for protection. I look to Jehovah alone for protection, according to what He want protected.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

TEX; If you want to continue playing these little games

2Tim 2v5, Moreover, if anyone contends even in the games, he is not crowned unless he has contended according to the rules!!!

The rules are quite clear, you use the bible, but not to use scripture to blanket anything and everything.

There are many examples showing that clear scripture has to have an element of common sense applied to them.

Getting back to adultery by one partner in a marriage, there have been thousands of disfellowshiped ones that haven't had two witnesses to the event, but have still been disfellowshiped.

This allows paedophiles a wonderful way of evading capture!!!!

KT

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Pedophiles practice a form of fornication (etc.) no? So then, the Bible's stay on fornication (etc.) are what must apply for anyone to prove that they are acting in line with Jehovah in any proper sense. If someone claims to be a JW and does NOT act in line with Jehovah's spirit and standards, they are using the name of Jehovah in vain. Jehovah will not be their friend, He will be forced to act against them in His own way and time. Jehovah is NOT one to be mocked.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I go by the Bible for my standards and let God be true in everything.

This blatantly untrue. This thread proves this statement to be incorrect. Either you are a liar or in absolute denial. Right now I don't know which.

How many times have I asked you back up the two witness rule from the Bible? You still have refused to answer even one of my questions, the same questions I asked of the elders, from the Bible. Not the Watchtower, but the Bible. You have refused to answer Outlaw as well. Why is that?

What are you afraid of?

I look to the Bible and its adherents for improvement in life, not for protection

All the more reason you should be in favor of allowing the legal authorities to investigate child abuse claims. All the more reason you should be in favor of the Society abandoning the two witness rule. All the more reason you should be in favor of mandating the body of elders minister to the abuse victim and their family's spiritual needs, rather than threatening them.

But you do not. Therefore this statement is not entirely accurate.

I look to the Bible and its adherents for improvement in life, not for protection

I look to Jehovah alone for protection, according to what He want protected.

No you don't. Right now you are typing in random platitudes strung together with no logic or belief. You are, for some odd reason, detetermined to have the last word on this thread. Are you trying to "prove" something?

Your posts are increasingly making less and less sense and strike me more as a cut and paste job from the Daily Text or the latest magazines. Frankly you are doing a poor job defending your position as well as your "faith".

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit