14 Minutes and you are not a Servant of Jehovah

by JT 65 Replies latest jw friends

• suavojr
    suavojr

WoW! This analogy is the reason why I stopped sharing TTATT with my wife, I saw in her eyes how I was taking away all of her hope. But I cannot stay quiet for ever and slowy but surely I will have to speak The Truth About The Truth.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

I like this thread. I think that JT nailed the very question. Do we have the right to take away "the wholly thing" in a men/whomans hearth. Could it break her/him down mentally?

then alwaythinking:

A man who refuses to think is a fool,
    A man who can't think is a idiot,
    A man who is afraid to think is a coward.....

I think it is allowed to be a coward for a 60 years old lady... But for the rest of us???

Bugbear

• cha ching
    cha ching

Very true... I feel bad for "older" people. What is left?

"I'd rather have questions that I can't answer, than questions I can't ask (or answers I can't question)"

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Marked for grocery cart example.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was bursting to tell my JW aunt all I learned. She had been a Witness her entire life. It was not to win a contest. Her life was so isolated she would beg my mother to make simple phone calls for her. When I went shopping with her, I saw she accepted crazy behavior. My uncle needed a bridge repair. During the process, the dentist died. He never called the office. Of course, I was not allowed to call -- even after I practiced law. They believed this door mat quality was good Witness behavior. I don't know other Witnesses who would go so far.

I was high from reading the NT the first time. Almost everyone I ran into heard what I found. I could not upset my aunt or uncle. He needed open heart surgery. Dr. Cooley in TX was a reference from the WT. He chose a local NJ doctor who had already been disciplined by the state for too many Witness deaths. I offered to call Cooley's office and get in touch with Bethel lawyers to be certain his wishes were respected. Doctor butcher was chosen. I was too impure to discuss legal standards with a WT lawyer.

They did such zany things b/c of social isolation. I would punch pillows. Yet they were happy. Once when I was younger I mentioned some high school thing to my aunt. She started to shake with fear.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

A man who refuses to think is a fool,
    A man who can't think is a idiot,
    A man who is afraid to think is a coward.....

Amen to that, brother James.

The WTBTS creates fools, idiots and cowards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit