14 Minutes and you are not a Servant of Jehovah

by JT 65 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

SS uses the phrase:

"Techically"

Is it not a shame to have a religion that uses technically things to deal with it's members

the most technical thing i can think of is in elders school how the instructor explained in Pain staking detail the difference between

"Carressing the Breast and Momentary touching the Breast"

the the different Penlty that must be inacted

you got to love the "Old Washing to the Elbows mindset"

james

• JT
    JT

6of9 says:

"you made me cry"

sorry about that-- didn't mean to-- just wanted to call a spade a spade

• JT
    JT

Man, I'm outa the loop. What's this about 14 minutes and new light? Going to look for the info ...

Dedalus
    #########
    CK HERE FOR SOME INFO

##########

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=16181&site=3#197527

• Andee
    Andee

JT,

I don't think I have ever read such a powerful "visual' illustration of people that have spent their whole lives being JWs. How tightly they cling to the "shopping cart" of tenious JW doctrine. In my own family,for example, they cling so tightly, that they sacrafice the emotional well-being of their children by ignoring signs of serious mental illness.

"Wait on Jehovah to fix it" or "Pray it away" or just plain ignore it. The world's happiest people cannot possibly be troubled, or unhappy, for that matter. To come to the realization that they have been hood-winked, is just too much of an emotional burden to bear.

Even my own Father, who has a long, "colorful" history being a JW, and engages in many behaviors that, if known, would surely get him DF'd (again),yet,he still clings to the core teachings with tight fists and white knuckles. Especially, if it justifies his behavior towards other family members.

Thanks, you helped me understand things just a little bit better.

Andee

Edited to add: Sacrafice the emotional well-being of their children! Duh! Of course, they would! They are willing to sacrafice their very lives by refusing blood. No matter, they will all be together in the new order. (sigh)

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Thanks JT:

I haven't been able to get to the board much these past few weeks, but I'm glad I saw this today.

As with so many of your posts, I read them with my head nodding in agreement all through them...and your "shopping cart" comparison was so right on!!!!

I too think of how many things I would have done differently if I had opened my eyes sooner than this, but like so many others, I just squashed my doubts and labelled myself as spiritually weak for having such thoughts or questions. I lament sometimes that I held on for as long as I did, but at the same time, I'm so very grateful that I am here now and able to enjoy the things I do now.

And I think too of ones like my brother who was never allowed to pursue a musical career with the beautiful talent he has, because, as my mother so proudly crowed..."he would be in the "truth" now if we had let him go into the entertainment field". Now he even feels he has to stifle his beautiful voice when singing at the hall or at assemblies because he's constantly reminded of not making himself appear conceited about his talent.

The rules, oppressive rules and such detailed technicalities ..... no wonder so many are tiring out. I tire out just remembering them.

Thanks JT !!

Had Enough

"Never doubt that a small group of citizens can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    ...Margaret Mead

• JT
    JT

TR says:

Do you remember how it felt to have someone challenge your beliefs that knew what they were talking about? It makes your heart skip a beat. 'No! No! Don't tell me something to make me doubt!' It's a feeling of great anxiety, because when we're honest with ourselves as JWs, we knew that we weren't allowed to see the whole picture.

#######

man do i remember that - it happened here on the net over on a site called H2O- i came in ready to do battle being a Society Man- and the Truth can stand up to anything mindset

well the boys HERE ON THE NET sent me to the books to do research and i got sicker and sicker each time they told me to look stuff up

after awhile i stop posting in any forum- i only went to sites with wt quotes and NO COMMENTARY and i read and read and read

then i ordered rays both- read both in 10days and cried another 10days

but i'm glad i went thru the Fire and now like so many lurkers out there they too will have to go thru the information fire, but we can help make the transition smoother for them

let's help them

• Black Man
    Black Man

My man JT:

Damn, this is a powerful post. Powerful enough to bring me out of lurk-mode and so ON-POINT. Sending this thread back to the top just on the principle alone..........

• Erich
    Erich

JT wrote:

..As the Sec in my hall I recall so many times calling up friends to get thier time and hearing them break crying cause they didn't have 60min only about 45min- and they knew that it meant they were not servants of Jah...

Oh man!

Why didn't you stop being Sec from the first minute, when you saw your brother or sister crying because of non-biblic-instructions ?
    I am JW since 16 years.

I didn't ever got "privileges". But I can tell you: I would have leaving all "service- privileges" at the first moment, where I got aware of the fact that the "loving provisions" HURT my brothers !!!
    I cannot see anyone CRYING !!!

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Yes Erich, that's the answer, all the good hearted people who see other's pain should leave the org immediately. Oh, wait, that's already happening!

• chester
    chester

JT,

A very awesome post!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit