14 Minutes and you are not a Servant of Jehovah

by JT 65 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

JT,

What's the matter JT, don't you remember the feeling of awe you first experienced, walking through Brooklyn Hieghts, stepping in the reception lobby, smelling that universal 'institutional' smell of breakfast, dorm rooms, and the hum of printing presses.

Not to mention the library tables stacked with WT Bound Volumes (reference material). Did you forget the feeling of being very special, because Nathan, or Uncle Milty, condescended to give you a nod of recognition while walking by you in the hallway? You must of forgotten the leasurely meals, and fine relaxed mealtime conversation?

Certainly each day now you must miss it all?

Great post James. I liked the part about 14min minimum pub hrs, being just anther way for them to keep tighter control.

It's all falling apart, they just don't see it. How they can equate love of God, with selling time, is pure good sales management. It works quotas allway's have. Even if the reverse is true in the WTBS, most sales quota's set by enterprise's go up every year! JW quota's keep going down, go figure.

Danny

• Kristen
    Kristen

JT,
    I enjoy reading your take on things. The shopping cart analogy is a good one, and a sobering reminder to how my own life used to be. Thankfully, over the last few years I've learned how NOT to put all of my eggs in one basket. But it helps me to remember the mindset of others who are still in, and makes me more empathetic towards them.

I'm reading ISOCF now and am finding a great sense of relief through the validation. Every JW needs an accurate (knowledge) lesson in JW history — and not the distilled version found in the societies publications.

Here's some interesting stuff that surprised me so far:

[*] Judge Rutherford, the second President of the WTS didn't go door-to-door. He felt his work was more important. A great example as do as I say, not as I do.

[*] The institution of service quotas were published as if they were spoken by God:

..."The Lord breaks down our organization instructions further and makes them more practical by further instructing us through his 'faithful and wise servant'. ... He says the requirements for special pioneers shall be 175 hours and 50 back-calls per month, which should develop into a resonable number of studies; and for regular pioneers 150 hours and as many back-calls and studies as an be properly developed during that time. ..." —In Search of Christian Freedom p. 90
    This book is interesting...

Kristen

free to be me

• larc
    larc

JT,

You and I have been on the same page on this subject, and how we should use discernment when talking to Witnesses and newbies here. In the past, I have reinforced your posts and you have supported mine. I think the thread you started here says it better than anything we have attempted in the past. The imagery you created really struck home and made the point.

I am good at the analytical stuff and the use of logic, but your creative use of the street person with the grocery cart, as an example, was brilliant.

• JT
    JT

Danny says- dogging my days at Bethel--

"Certainly each day now you must miss it all?"

--------
    you are one sick puppy- but I LOVED IT- GREAT POST

DANNY SAYS:

"It's all falling apart, they just don't see it. How they can equate love of God, with selling time, is pure good sales management. It works quotas allway's have. Even if the reverse is true in the WTBS, most sales quota's set by enterprise's go up every year! JW quota's keep going down, go figure."

--------
    NOW THIS IS funny when you sit back and look at it like you expressed it all of wt quotas are going down just to keep folks on the staff as it were- they are losing so many pioneers they have to lower the hours just to get folks to sign up and now with the 15min rule it is a trick

hey an can you see what those avg hours will be now- for years even after they dropped the 10hour rule it was always quietly whispered esp if an appointment of a bro was at stake and now with the 15 min pub the avg will be dragged way down

you got to love it

smile

james

• JT
    JT

Larc says:

You and I have been on the same page on this subject, and how we should use discernment when talking to Witnesses and newbies here.

----------

you know i firmly believe that many of us will come to realize what the wt has realized that you catch more flies with honey and vinergar-

to come off Blasting a newbie out of the water in my view is so cold-bloodied -- i mean the poor guy already thinks that demons are going to jump out of him monitor just for being on the site and then her comes some xjw with both guns blazing -

i think more former jw need to do just like we did in wt = prepare before opening our mouth- while the wt trains is members on how to handle things at the door and how to do it tactfully-

while thier reason for being kind and asking questions was phoney it at least held the persons atttention so that thier message could be gotten across

same here if you commend the dude for just merely being here is a great start- then ask why did you find a need to peek in here on this site- or you too wondering about alot of things in the org like most of us, etc

i guess my point is simple we must do a better job here on these forum

i don't worry much about the likes of YK, and any one for that fact that tells me that they have served in no position in the org and then claims they are of the annointed, the reason is simple

any jw who comes up on this site or any other site and claims to be of the annionted and proceeds to deafend the wt tooth and nail- i know what type of JW they are--- they are the type where when they raise thier hands the little kids start to laugh because they are viewed as a JOKE IN THIER HALL-

so for those clowns i don;t worry about them - in fact the net gives them a forum that they are not afforded at thier hall- so they love to come here

my concern is for the Lurkers those who come here daily and read and never post ,yet they read and read- they are the ones i care about in that i don';t want thier spark of curoisty to be put out- but instead they can continue on to read and read till they fully understand why they are made to feel WORTHLESS AND GUILTY ALL THE TIME

i guess we all need to better present the facts along with the sound reasoning if we want to help others

just my 2

########################################################################################################################################

Kristen says:

Here's some interesting stuff that surprised me so far:

[*] Judge Rutherford, the second President of the WTS didn't go door-to-door. He felt his work was more important. A great example as do as I say, not as I do.

------

when i was at bethel there were only a couple of the GB I knew who were actually known for thier desire to preach- gangas, potizer, booth

guys like Grant Suiter Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

SMILE

-------------------------------

[*] The institution of service quotas were published as if they were spoken by God:

..."The Lord breaks down our organization instructions further and makes them more practical by further instructing us through his 'faithful and wise servant'. ... He says the requirements for special pioneers shall be 175 hours and 50 back-calls per month, which should develop into a resonable number of studies; and for regular pioneers 150 hours and as many back-calls and studies as an be properly developed during that time. ..." —In Search of Christian Freedom p. 90

##########

i TOO agree this was one of the Deepest points in the book to me as well and i like the way it is phrase:

"The institution of service quotas were published as if they were spoken by God"

you got to love it when you can sign God's name to the Check-

the problem is the ck is always bouncing

james

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

JT wrote > instead i believe that over time more XJW will realize that the best way to help a jw is not to try and take thier cart away without offering them something to replace it with-

I agree. I come to here to offer people freedom in Christ, and to share with them what that means. Not religious oppression, but a relationship with a loving creator..... I get ridiculed, called a fundie, am often harshly treated. But, I will keep at it. Hopefully what you have said will change some peoples views. Thanks

Penn

• JT
    JT

penn

i agree with you - there is no reason to be rude to anyone even if you don't agree- if i have to be rude then i realize it is time for me to leave the conversation

james

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Hi JT,
    I add to the compliments given already. Very good analogy and post, including the follow ups. Do you know what another sad fact is? I (and many others) cannot recommend this site to any we know who are on the edge of leaving Jdubland. I've seen it time and again. People here blast away at them or post disgusting filth that sends them screaming back to momma, crying, "The Watchtower is right about those apostates".
    Isn't 'free speech' wonderful? At least H2O tried to keep it sane and our goal was to remove people with reason, just as happened to you and I and many others......
    Stay out of left field, no, the parking lot. ;-)
    Rex

• JT
    JT

REX SAYS:

I've seen it time and again. People here blast away at them or post disgusting filth that sends them screaming back to momma, crying, "The Watchtower is right about those apostates".

---------
    YOUR point is on the money

• sableindian
    sableindian

Good post! I hate to nick pick. I don't know how old you are but if you are speaking of a Pip as part of Gladys Knight and the Pips, you are speaking of well groomed men in suits. If this man looked like this, then he did not look like the Ohio Players or EW&F.

I think you are younger than I am and just didn't know. The Pips are much older that the other groups also.

Otherwise, a quite thought provoking peace. I am curious to see your other threads.

Take care

just recently she had a married sister over to her house with a "Worldly" for drinks . My mother in law knows that this man and sister are sleeping together- he looks like a leftover Pip from the 70's in the days of the the OHIO PLAYERS, Earth Wind and Fire and Cun-Funk-Shun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit