14 Minutes and you are not a Servant of Jehovah

by JT 65 Replies latest jw friends

• chester
  • chester
    chester

bttt

• a watcher
    a watcher

JT said about JW's: "I always felt something was wrong--just couldn't put my finger on it."

I had just the opposite experience. I was raised in the world and knew as a child that there was something fundamentally wrong with it.

When I finally found JW's in my mid-twenties, I found what I had been looking for all my young life; a conscientious group of people who truly wanted to follow in the evangelizing footsteps of Christ.

• nochoice
    nochoice

JT said about JW's: "I always felt something was wrong--just couldn't put my finger on it."

I had just the opposite experience. I was raised in the world and knew as a child that there was something fundamentally wrong with it.

When I finally found JW's in my mid-twenties, I found what I had been looking for all my young life; a conscientious group of people who truly wanted to follow in the evangelizing footsteps of Christ.

Wow, A Watcher, you took a classic, amazing, 10 year old thread that was recently bumped, and trashed it? Reading this "shopping cart" illustration years ago caused me to "come back" and "stay in" for the sake of my dad who had nothing else to live for.

I find it hard to believe that you read all of the postings on this thread and really feel the way you do about finding the right Christ followers.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey a watcher!

Are you a "publisher of the good news" (an evangeliser)?

How long have you been a "publisher of the good news"?

Does it trouble you too that the "good news" according to Paul is not in the hearts or on the lips of "publishers of the good news"?

Is it true that more than half the NWTs roughly 152 references to "good news" are by Paul?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I'd like to see the scriptural reference for how many hours make you a regular publisher.

• a watcher
    a watcher

nochoice, I agree that this is a profound thread. That's why I was motivated to post.

How did I trash it? Because I disagreed?

I actually like the "shopping cart" illustration. It's true in many ways.

I'm sorry that some people found no joy in being one of JW's, but I have found great joy in serving Jehovah as one of His Witnesses.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Fernando, in answer to your questions:

1) yes

2) on and off(to my shame), since 1979

3) what is the "good news" according to Paul? Is it something different than the good news of the Kingdom of God and of salvation by faith in Jesus Christ?

4) I don't know

• nochoice
    nochoice

I actually like the "shopping cart" illustration. It's true in many ways.

As an active, happy, JW, what's the most valuable thing in your shopping cart? Everlasting life? And I am really not trying to be a smart ass. I want to know what you value most as a JW. I am not sure if you understood the OP's main point of missed oportunities in life and the fact that if we weren't JW's, the goods in our shopping cart could be more meaniful.

• a watcher
    a watcher

nochoice, what I value most is my personal relationship with Jehovah. The happiest hour of my day is the hour I spend praying.

Some of the OP went over my head. I don't deal well with "walls of text". Too confusing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit