14 Minutes and you are not a Servant of Jehovah

by JT 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Great post, JT.
    You touched on one of the great accusations hurled against "Apostates", namely that nothing is being offered in exchange for what the Witness will be leaving. Reading this forum one could quickly see how that would be the case inasmuch as it appears that most who 'leave' leave their faith in God as well.

Perhaps we need to realize that the bulk of JW's are people who want to believe in God. Most who leave abandon the concept of God. Should that not instill fear in the heart of even the ones who are plagued with doubts about the 'faithful slave'? They read the posts here and see how many have abandoned their faith and spew forth obscenities and vulgarities and they don't see much advantage to that.

Of course we who post here are not a single school of thought, we are not an organization, we are certainly not a religion. We must remember that the Society portrays us as such, however, and in the mind of one that is still 'in' we are viewed as such rather than as individuals.

To quote JT, 'just my two cents'

• JT
    JT

Erich ask the question:

Why didn't you stop being Sec from the first minute, when you saw your brother or sister crying because of non-biblic-instructions ?

____--

the key is "non-biblic-instructions"-

I will have to share with you my background for you to fully understand - smile --

but to sum it up -i was what is refered to often times as a "Society man" and I you see it as "NON_ BIBLICAL-INSTRUCTIONS"
    BUT as directions from God's mouthpc

It is only after looking back do you and I realize just how much the wt control our thinking- you are correct for the avg thinking persons to see someone cry they would respond , but for a person who is part of a High Control group the response will often times be very different

case in point is the issue of DFing just look at how you and I dealth with DFed persons

if you or the avg jw) were with a CO and a DFed persons spoke to you on the avg how many jw would speak back standing next to a CO- while there are those who would the vast majority would not, and why the indoctrination process takes over your normal sense of fellow feelings

this is why religions can get folks to kill with no feeling

there in no power stronger in my view than to convince a person that his or her actions are approved by God himself

and just think as jw your entire life actions are based on the belief that somehow your actions are approved by god-
    no blood- no oral sex( till they change the rules) no alternative service( till they change the rules)

so there are so many things that both you and i did that we honestly believed was approved by god and as for the Field service time issue- in my mind the arrangement was approved by god- that is what makes
    this religion so scary

james

just my 2

• JT
    JT

Mommy says:

I wonder if I should just let her keep it.

________

this is often times the most difficult thing to decide- and only you will know the answer- i'm of the opinion that sometimes, sometimes it is best to let "Sleeping dogs lie"

in your case only you can make that call- for some jw i feel that the emotional impact of learning the truth could be too great- just my opinion, esp if it is an older, sick person who only has a few moments life in thier life- to me it would be best to make them as comfortable as possible--

i know of jw who have plans in place to leave the moment the furneral is over for thier sick moms and dads-

what makes life so nice is that for once in your life you can make choices- for some they da, some leave, some tell everyone they left other tell no one

and either way is ok if it WORKS FOR YOU and that is why i love this new found freedom of thought

james

BTW she has found out she enjoys Bailey's irish cream straight from the bottle, she blushed like a schoolgirl when she told me So there are some things she is allowing herself to do now, that she did not do before. As long as she is happy, so am I.

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hello again JT:

This statement of yours really hit me today.

there in no power stronger in my view than to convince a person that his or her actions are approved by God himself

and just think as jw your entire life actions are based on the belief that somehow your actions are approved by god-
    no blood- no oral sex( till they change the rules) no alternative service( till they change the rules)

so there are so many things that both you and i did that we honestly believed was approved by god and as for the Field service time issue- in my mind the arrangement was approved by god- that is what makes
    this religion so scary

yes...JT. That is such a useful and powerful tool of the WTS. And then add to this power of a non-biblical instruction as "being approved by god", is the tool of the making us believe that it was by direction of god to the GB in the first place....and when the rule changed...well that was god now causing the GB to "see the new light" for us.

And when all of these things were ususally "backed-up" by some obscure Bible scripture and when we read the surrounding scriptures...we amazingly fluffed off the non-connection, and hoped we were never asked to explain this "belief"....such as your thought about how with 15 minutes of service to report, you are OK but with 14 minutes only, you're not.

yes...there are a lot of scary things about this religion...and hoping to help others see that, is what keeps many of us coming back here.

Had Enough

"Never doubt that a small group of citizens can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    ...Margaret Mead

• JT
    JT

andee says:

Wait on Jehovah to fix it" or "Pray it away" or just plain ignore it. The world's happiest people cannot possibly be troubled, or unhappy, for that matter. To come to the realization that they have been hood-winked, is just too much of an emotional burden to bear.

________

I think this has got to be the best line the wt has ever come up with for you and i must admit it can be used to cover everything that happens in ones life, ( looking for a marriage mate- new system
    lose a leg- new system- bad health- new system and the list goes on and on.

after years of being told that we are seeing more jw reject that view, while not right openly but in little ways that clearly show they really don't beleive it's true

how sad

james
    Even my own Father,

• JT
    JT

had enough says:

And I think too of ones like my brother who was never allowed to pursue a musical career with the beautiful talent he has, because, as my mother so proudly crowed..."he would be in the "truth" now if we had let him go into the entertainment field".

________-very powerful personal exp- in my mothere's Hall and she is on the way out herself- there is a young sister who wanted to be a Dr. she is an elders daughter, she would always tell my mom she wanted to go to college and since my mom knows i gave up college to go to bethel and waste all those years she secretly tells young folks in her hall to go to college--- my mom is the only jw that this little sister can share her hopes and dreams with

well she is one of the few young folks who qualify to be on the service meeting parts

wellher dad got the part on going to College and she had to be used mom says it was like pulling teeth watching this little girl on the stage talking against college

well by the time the 3 week program on the service mmeeting was over with she has now given up her goal of going to colllege

and like Had enough says the jw parents are so PROUD
    --------------------------

Had enough says: "Now he even feels he has to stifle his beautiful voice when singing at the hall or at assemblies because he's constantly reminded of not making himself appear conceited about his talent."

in my wife's old congo they had a sister who was Professional pianist
    she gave it up to become a jw- didn't want to draw undue attention to herself like enough says -

so she would play at the hall and this was before they basically BANNED anyone from playing the piano- NOW THEY GOT THOSE FUNKY CDROMS

well since she was an educated black woman in a congo with uneducated blacks she was always getting the shaft with little off the cuff comments about Higher education would make one proud- so when they found out that she played the piano one of the elders asked her to play for the hall- well he move out and all Hell broke loose-- when her health got bad and her hours fell below the "national Avg"

the elders told her she could no longer play the piano- now of course everyone knows that on sunday sister johnson will take her seat at the piano and play and this sunday she didn't and of course the Rumor mill kicks into OVERDRIVE--

and you all know the rest - how sad

smile

james

• JT
    JT

Erich ck your email

• JT
    JT

chester thanks

see you guys this weekend

• JT
    JT

hey black man

shoot me an email- i need your address

i think we know some of the same folks

are you still in the NY area
    if you make it down to DC look me up

james

• JT
    JT

Had enough says:

And when all of these things were ususally "backed-up" by some obscure Bible scripture and when we read the surrounding scriptures...we amazingly fluffed off the non-connection, and hoped we were never asked to explain this "belief"....

your thoughts are the same as my wife- we accepted whatever 2 bit bible text they used and learned to KEEP OUR MOUTHS SHUT

SMILE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit