Jesus.....God or God's son?

by digderidoo 280 Replies latest watchtower bible

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi, MDB.

You said.

Snowbird,
    The Message is NOT a bible. It is a paraphrase. Big difference. People use it like it's a bible, but it's just someone's interpretation of a traslation.

I know that, but I like it anyway :)

You said, "I believe the Holy Spirit is personable only in the fact that It reflects the personality of God" The Holy Spirit isn't an "It". God's Holy Spirit can be blasphemed, lied to, speaks, testifies, hears, is obeyed, grieves, commands, guides, intercedes, etc. That's personality.

Since Holy Spirit emanates from God, It is a perfect reflection of God's personality, IMO.

"if as much information was given to support the Trinity as the Virgin Birth, you and I wouldn't be having this discussion"
    There is a lot of suport if you look for it. Isn't it the Holy Spirit that reveals the Word of God to those who read it? The Bible is divinely inspired, but many read it their whole lives with a veil over their eyes.

I definitely believe in the teaching/revelation ability of Holy Spirit, but It hasn't convinced me of the Trinity.

Thank you and may you have peace.

Sylvia

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

to Reniaa, thanks partner.

• possible-san
    possible-san

Hi, reniaa.

I have advice to you.
    I think that you should STOP attacking the Trinity doctrine.
    (Although I explained it repeatedly, you are not going to understand it correctly.)

I have my belief, and although I do not believe the Trinity, I do not feel the necessity of attacking it.

Isn't your faith formed unless you attack the Trinity doctrine?

possible
    http://godpresencewithin.web.fc2.com/

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Sylvia,

Regarding the virgin birth, can I ask you take the time to watch this please and see what you think?

Why did Jesus' mom need to be a virgin?

Hope you are well.

Love Stephen x

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

How can one explain what one doesn't even believe. I suggest that it is not possible. According to the Scriptures, though, we CAN reason that Jesus is Mighty God, never Almighty God. We CAN see Jesus as God's son or God's Son, but never God the Son. Even as we do so, there are 2 persons being discussed here, not 3. We are the ones like me, at least, if not all who view threads such as this.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Son of God- the word Son in the Jewish culture had a deeper meaning of identity..the same as Son of Man- showing Jesus identity as man ...Son of God shows his identity as God

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    How can one explain what one doesn't even believe. I suggest that it is not possible.

Please allow me to tell you about Santa Claus.

This past Christmas, he brought my little boy and girl lots of great toys.

He came down our chimney, even though it's sealed off (don't tell the children).

When he laughed, his belly shook like a bowl of jelly. He has rosy cheeks and he lives at the North Pole.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi possible san

Point taken but its hard, especially when this thread it taking up a trinitarian point which is asking if Jesus is God,

So on that point alone here's a biblical fact.

Jesus often says 'My god'

Matthew 27:46
    About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"—which means, "MyGod, myGod, why have you forsaken me?"

but God only ever refers to Jesus as his son and never calls him 'My God'

Matthew 3:17
    And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

so definitely son not God himself.

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

So how can Jesus be God and have a God? Because the father is the head (positional difference). Just as Eve had a head- Adam- yet was a head (over Cain)...there was still one head in the garden of Eden- they operated as one head, one entity. The Son is eternally submissive to the Father...thus he has a God yet is God...operating with the Father as one perfect, untied God.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

If Jesus' being Son of God makes him God, then the angels and Adam being called Sons of God must make them God, too. That doesn't seem right to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit