Jesus.....God or God's son?

by digderidoo 280 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ATALAYA
    ATALAYA

Hello. It is clear. Jesus himself taught that he was the unique Son of God (John 10:36; Matt. 16:15-17),

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome, ATALAYA.

Trinitarians would most likely have no argument with your simple statement above. They would simply disagree with your JW polytheism.

• ATALAYA
    ATALAYA

So the thread tilte Jesus.....God or God's son? is settle. Jesus is God's son.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Leaving wt said:

"According to the Trinity doctrine, The Father's position (office) is greater than that of Jesus, while Jesus was on Earth."

So that would make Jesus 1/3 of God and he is praying to the other 2/3s to save 1/3 of himself?

How does this work?

r.

• restrangled
  • Vinny
    Vinny

You guys have no life.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Restrangled,

When I was a JW, I was ignorant of what mainstream Christian churches teach in regards to the Trinity. What was helpful to me was to listen to the lecture below. It is given with a JW audience in mind. (RealPlayer is required to listen to the files.)

Part I

http://www.waltermartin.com/audio_clips/trinity.ram

Part II

http://www.waltermartin.com/audio_clips/trinity2.ram

I belong to the Church of I Don't Know. I suppose I also belong to the One True Church -- which currently has only one member, ME.

Which is to say, I don't have a dog in this race, and I respect everyone's right to believe, not believe and/or worship in whatever manner makes YOU happy.

You asked,

So that would make Jesus 1/3 of God and he is praying to the other 2/3s to save 1/3 of himself?

Hopefully, a practicing Trinitarian will jump in here and correct me if I'm explaining this incorrectly...

Jesus would have been praying to his Father. His father is a distinct person. There are no partial (1/3) persons. Three distinct persons. The term/word "God" refers not to one person, but to three persons.

(This is quite different than the JW thinking of God = The Father.)

Anyway, the lecture linked to above finally helped me to understand what the heck the Trinitarians were talking about.

-LWT

• undercover
    undercover
    You guys have no life.

Yea...but god/jesus/ghost has three....so nyahh

• restrangled
    restrangled

Vinny,

I think we all have a life, and I am trying to figure out the understanding of the trinity.

It is YOU who has no life that blows in here and makes that kind of statement.

Go watch the news.

r.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

So the thread tilte Jesus.....God or God's son? is settle. Jesus is God's son.

No, I think that's a different matter altogether.

I'm sure IsaacAustin will be happy to assist you with the Divinity of Christ.

-LWT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit