Jesus.....God or God's son?

by digderidoo 280 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

This sounds like you were affected very personally, that they must apologize to you directly. Perhaps it is all simply a misunderstanding that will be cleared up with time and forgiveness and love. Never fails.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Spike - I'm not talking about the English word "worship". I'm talking about apostle John using the same Greek word for "worship" Jesus as he does for "worship" Jehovah. The word didn't chage in meaning or application from one chapter to another! That is why the NWT translated it as worship Jesus in its first edition, but later changed their translation to fit their own beliefs. (If you get new light from Jehovah - why does he give you something that has to be changed over and over again, and then you go back to the original thinking of Russell! ie - Generation, Sodom and Gomorrah )

• Chalam
    Chalam

Reniaa-Hi MDB

but respectfully your post is aload of rubbish. thessalonians, Martin luther. milton, various popes are among nearly every christian group that have tried to put dates on armageddon wrongly yes but eagerness over armageddon is allowed biblically and only rebuked on.

What! mdb brings a post solely with all the shortcomings of the WT and all you can do it point to other people's mistakes?

Why not respond to the huge list of WT failings or else conceded they are a false prophet like the rest of us. As Jesus said

Matthew 7:3 (New International Version)

3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

Early Christians called themselves 'the way' and only allowed themselves as the only true religion 'the way/sole channel' to God. so this is not a fault unless your calling appostles and the early church false prophets for saying this.

No, they followed the very words of Jesus Himself and proclaimed He is the way, not themselves.

John 14:6 (New International Version)

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

the word prophet was used for many that just brought the message they didn't need to utter prophecy which is something else, miriam and aaron called prophets but never did prophecy.

Maybe is just wasn't recorded in the bible? All prophets prophesy, that is their nature and their call.

come back to me when you have some real faults.

Come back when you have taken an objective look at what the WT has said over the years and what has actually "come to pass". As Jesus said, consider what is in the eye of your own organisation before pointing the finger.

btw false prophets in these times will do signs and false miracles!!!

Some will. However, that does not preclude that true prophets will also work "sign and wonders" and miracles by the Holy Spirit, by whom they also prophesy.

The main thing is that "Jesus is Lord", not anyone else. When did you last declare and proclaim that truth?

All the best,

Stephen

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Reniaa..Did you miss my post to you?..LOL!!

Reniaa please show Proof the name Jesus was translated incorrectly,just as the name Jehovah was..

...........................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Outlaw - would you mind posting the info on Jehovah being a mistake f translation. I don't diagree but it sounds interesting. (I think the whole English language is a translation mistke - I live in Texas where our English is unrecognizable to the rest of the world :-)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Allelsefails..We have a few Texans here..Your not alone..LOL!!

If I remember correctly,the english language is a composite of over 200 different languages..

The information on the Translation Mistake is Staggering.........Go to a Google search engine and type in..: "Catholic monks translation mistake Jehovah"

You will find more information on the subject than you can imagine..

.........................................OUTLAW

• mdb
    mdb
    come back to me when you have some real faults.

Contradictions in Watchtower Literature

The watchtower says it is God's only true organization: "Only this organization functions for Jehovah's purpose and to his praise. To it alone God's Sacred Word, the Bible, is not a sealed book," (The Watchtower; July 1, 1973, page 402.).

It claims to speak for God, yet it has produced numerous contradictory statements. Therefore, it is not God's organization.

Who is the Faithful and Discreet Slave, the Watchtower Organization or Charles Taze Russell?

Watchtower Organization is Faithful and Discreet Slave:

"Jesus foretold that among his people there would be a "faithful and discreet slave" class who would be providing the spiritual food to God's family of devoted servants on earth, acting as his channel of communication and overseeing the carrying out of the Kingdom interests world wide. (Matt. 24:45-47) These anointed overseers serve as though being guided in their activities by the right hand of Christ." (Watchtower 1/15/1969, pages 51).

Russell is Faithful and Discreet Slave:

"Thousands of the readers of Pastor Russell's writings believe that he filled the office of 'that faithful and wise servant,' and that his great work was giving to the household of faith meat in due season. His modesty and humility precluded him from openly claiming this title, but he admitted as much in private conversation," Watchtower 12/1/1916, page. 357.

Watchtower Denies Russell ever claimed to be Faithful and Discreet Slave:

"From this it is clearly seen that the editor and publisher of Zion's Watch Tower disavowed any claim to being individually, in his person, that "faithful and wise servant." He never did claim to be such. (God's Kingdom of a thousand years has approached, 1973, p.346).

Watchtower claims to be only organization to find scriptural guidance, yet condemns the Vatican for doing the same thing.

Watchtower is only organization able to interpret the Bible:

"We all need help to understand the Bible, and we cannot find the Scriptural guidance we need outside the ‘faithful and discreet slave' organization." (The Watchtower, Feb. 15, 1981.)

Vatican is only organization able to interpret the Bible:

"The Vatican belittles Bible study by claiming it is the only organization authorized and qualified to interpret the Bible." (The Watchtower, 7/1/1943, p. 201.)

Is Jesus supposed to be worshipped or not?

Yes, Jesus is supposed to be worshipped:

"Question: The fact that our Lord received worship is claimed by some to be an evidence that while on earth he was God the Father disguised in a body of flesh and not really a man. Was he really worshiped, or is the translation faulty? Answer: Yes, we believe our Lord Jesus while on earth was really worshiped, and properly so...It was proper for our Lord to receive worship in view of his having been the only begotten of the Father, and his agent in the creation of all things, including man." (The Watchtower, 7/15/1898, page 216.)

New Heavens and a New Earth, on pages 27-28, published in 1953, "For example, to which one of the angels did he ever say: 'You are my Son; today I have become your Father'? And again: 'I shall be a Father to him, and he will be a Son to me'? But when he again brings his Firstborn into the inhabited earth, he says: 'And let all God's angels worship him.'"

No, Jesus is not supposed to be worshipped:

"He taught men, not to worship him, but to worship Jehovah his Father ... "I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God." (Make Sure of All Things p. 283)

"What I learned was so different from what I had heard at the "Christian" school I had attended. Jehovah's Witnesses do not worship Jesus. Rather, they worship Almighty God, the One that Jesus himself worshipped." (Awake, 12/22/87, page 22.).

The sower in the Matt. 13 parable is Satan or Jesus?

The sower of the mustard seed is Satan :

“Today it is big enough to hold them all. In the parable, the "man" that sowed the mustard grain pictures the "wicked one," Satan the Devil. (Man's Salvation Out Of World Distress, 1975, p. 208).

The sower of the mustard seed is Jesus :

"Hence that apostate generation suffered national calamity in 70 C.E. So, now, does anyone ask the question, How could Jesus as the Sower of the parable plant the symbolic mustard grain and yet have it become a tree of a foreign kind, the corrupt counterfeit called Christendom? The experience of Jehovah God with the ancient nation of Israel gives the divine answer to such a questioner!" (Watchtower, 10/1/1975, p. 600).

Armageddon will be in 1914 or 1941 ?

Armageddon will be in 1914

"...the Kingdom of God is already begun, that it is pointed out in prophecy as due to begin the exercise of power in A.D. 18789, and that the "battle of the great day of God Almighty (Rev. 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1914, with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced." (The Time is at Hand, 1889. - Emphasis added).

Armageddon will be in 1941

"Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon." (The Watchtower, 9/15/41, page 288.)

Armageddon will be in 1914 or 1915 ?

Armageddon is in 1915

"...the Kingdom of God is already begun, that it is pointed out in prophecy as due to begin the exercise of power in A.D. 18789, and that the "battle of the great day of God Almighty (Rev. 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1915, with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced." (The Time is at Hand, 1881. - Emphasis added - Date was changed to 1914 in a later edition).

Armageddon is in 1914

"...the Kingdom of God is already begun, that it is pointed out in prophecy as due to begin the exercise of power in A.D. 18789, and that the "battle of the great day of God Almighty (Rev. 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1914, with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced." (The Time is at Hand, 1889. - Emphasis added).

I have a lot more of these "faults" if this isn't enough. Let me ask you JW's a question through a scenario:

Let's say the WTS today tells you that they have the truth in a matter of doctrine. It's publish by the Watchtower and made know to be the truth - given by those from Bethel with their "stamp of approval". The doctrine concerns your salvation in some way such as: the worship of Jesus, His person, who God is, or maybe regarding salvation through works (working it out or purely by grace alone), baptism of the Holy Spirit, the 144000 and Paradise Earth, etc

Three years from now you happen to have heart failure and die. Shortly after your passing, the WTS realizes that what they've been teaching all these year wasn't actually correct (which happens to occur on occassion) and that it is in something quite significant. Embarrassed, they reveal this new truth and attempt to soften the blow by claiming "new light". The problem is that all those up until that time who had "fallen asleep" had done so believing falsely a doctrine that directly affected their eternal state.

How do you live day-to-day with such uncertainty that the organization you call God's mouthpiece on earth (the "faithful and descreet slave") is actually telling you the truth when "new light" continually surfaces? Maybe all you believe is a lie and new light is just around the corner? Maybe it won't be revealed until after you die and it's too late for you. I thank my God and Savior that my salvation is certain and that I can actually live in peace.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Looks like the appeal has failed.

Case closed once again.

The WT is pronounced guilty of being a liar and a false prophet and sentenced to imprisonment for everlasting life.

All the best,

Stephen

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Jehovah is the final arbiter regarding his Witnesses. 1 Samuel 16:7 is useful to remember in cases such as these. Hebrews 4:12-13 and 2 Timothy 3:16-17 also apply in discussions such as this.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There is no Jehovah..There may be a God.....But..There is no Jehovah..

........................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit