Jesus.....God or God's son?

by digderidoo 280 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Everything I speak on these matters should be in line with what is already said in the Holy Scriptures. I try to follow Jesus completely as Leader in how to represent his Father, Jehovah.

• androb31
    androb31

I've said that before too...this is like deja vu. As it turns out I eventually realized that what I was saying lined up perfectly with what the Watchtower taught, not the scriptures.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi androb

Jws distressing frequency of usage is weirdly paralelled by Hebrew writers 7000 times woahhhhh they must be in complete condemnation by Jehovah for using his name so much!

And look at the psalmist David using God's sacred name in Songs for people to sing everyday in full throttle praise of Jehovah their God "how terrible!"

It won't wash androb you cannot deny the hebrew scriptures full used God's name before superstition grabbed the jews. God's name was beloved and used and praised and sung from the hills and valleys, David probably sang God's name while he danced and sang through the streets much to the disgust of Sauls daughter.

Jesus said this.....

John 17:25-26 (New American Standard Bible)

25 "O (A) righteous Father, although (B) the world has not known You, yet I have known You; and these have known that (C) You sent Me;

26 and (D) I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known, so that (E) the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."

Jeaus made God's name known to them. He would not approve of Christendom rejecting the father for the son. Jesus loves his father whole-heartedly and on his Father's behalf feels righteous anger....Babylon should be very worried for their false teachings.

Reniaa

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

In regards to "making Your name known".

Jesus's disciples were all Jewish, they already knew God's name, or at least the letters that signified his name.

When Jesus taught people t pray he said "Our father", when he prayed he said Father and even "Abba, Father".

Since most jews already knew God's name, and when he prayed he used Father, what doe sit mean that Jesus made God's name know to them?

Perhaps he referes to the SIGNIFICANCE of His Name, perhaps he refers to what His Name stands for ( Like in modern times we would sa "in the name of the law"), perhaps he means that, since He is the embodiment of God and all his qualites, including the significance of God's name, that by making His will know, God's name and what it means for all of us (Salvation), is making his Name know.

re: The name of the God being removed from the NT.

One has doubts that God and Jesus would allow such a slight considering he just "made His Name known".

• androb31
    androb31

You're right Reniaa,

The JW's use of God's name avery 3rd word absolves the org of every bit of reproach they've brought onto God's name.

But you still haven't addressed the point I was making "the JW org is known the world over as a false prophet and a joke not only in the Christian community but also secularly"

Thus they are a reproach on God regardless of your personal definition of a false prophet or what constitutes a false prophet.

"David probably sang God's name while he danced and sang through the streets much to the disgust of Sauls daughter"

Scripture showing this please.....

Saul's daughter was belittling David for dancing and worshipping God with noticeable emotion and because he was receiving attention. I see nothing in this passage to indicate the disgust Saul's daughter showed had anything to do with God's name.

25 "O (A) righteous Father, although (B) the world has not known You, yet I have known You; and these have known that (C) You sent Me;

26 and (D) I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known, so that (E) the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."

"Jeaus made God's name known to them"

notice the context "the world has not known You, yet I have known You" and "I have made Your name known to them"

Was he going around telling people his Father's name (as if that could change anyone) or was he making His Father known by emulating His qualities and showing the Father's love and giving Him a good name?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jws distressing frequency of usage is weirdly paralelled by Hebrew writers 7000 times woahhhhh they must be in complete condemnation by Jehovah for using his name so much!..The name Jehovah was not used until the 14th century..It is a translation mistake made by a Catholic Monk.........Hebrew writers would never have used the name Jehovah..

And look at the psalmist David using God's sacred name in Songs for people to sing everyday in full throttle praise of Jehovah their God "how terrible!" ..The name Jehovah was not used until the 14th century..It is a translation mistake made by a Catholic Monk.........King David would never have used the name Jehovah..

It won't wash androb you cannot deny the hebrew scriptures full used God's name before superstition grabbed the jews. ..The name Jehovah was not used until the 14th century..It is a translation mistake made by a Catholic Monk.........Hebrew writers would never have used the name Jehovah..

God's name was beloved and used and praised and sung from the hills and valleys, David probably sang God's name while he danced and sang through the streets much to the disgust of Sauls daughter. ..The name Jehovah was not used until the 14th century..It is a translation mistake made by a Catholic Monk........King David would never have used the name Jehovah..

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Jesus said this.....

John 17:25-26 (New American Standard Bible)

..................................................................................................................................................................

Jesus made God's name known to them. ..The name Jehovah was not used until the 14th century..It is a translation mistake made by a Catholic Monk.........Jesus would never have used the name Jehovah..

He would not approve of Christendom rejecting the father for the son. ..Jesus is mediator to Real Christians..The only way to God is through Jesus..

Jesus loves his father whole-heartedly and on his Father's behalf feels righteous anger.. ..Jesus laid down the rules you wish to dismiss.........That makes you an Anti-Christ!!..........Reniaa the Anti-Christ!!

..Babylon should be very worried for their false teachings...There is no Babylon..Babylon is long gone..

Reniaa

................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi Androb

how are they a false prophet? they have only done what every other christian faith is also guilty of from thessalonians onwards and that is eagerness over armageddon, unless you are calling armageddon itself a false prophecy?

but my point on God's name stands it was a much used name by the Jews and only went out of use by superstition around the time just before Jesus's birth, fortunately it was still in the hebrew scrolls he quoted from. Soon to be replaced by the ubiquitous 'Lord'

Reniaa

Hi outlaw

As much as it would be fun to be sidetracked onto pronouciation games with you! Come back to me when people start using yeshua or ieuous two forms of Jesus's name in the bible and none the way we say it as English now and both different sounding from each other. Also show me the scripture that says it has to sound exactly like the original language to count. your use of Jesus would seem to squash that point.a

Reniaa

• androb31
  • androb31
    androb31

"how are they a false prophet? they have only done what every other christian faith is also guilty of from thessalonians onwards and that is eagerness over armageddon, unless you are calling armageddon itself a false prophecy?"

Here we go again.

As I already stated. They are known the world over as a false prophet regardless of your denial or personal definition of the term. A reproach to God nonetheless.

And if as you say " they have only done what every other christian faith is also guilty of" what makes them any different or better than any other body of Christians.

Oh wait, I know.... They use God's name.....blah blah....trinity.....blah blah....already refuted hundreds of times over by more people on here than I can count......blah blah......

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning Reniaa!

Jws distressing frequency of usage is weirdly paralelled by Hebrew writers 7000 times woahhhhh they must be in complete condemnation by "Jehovah" for using his name so much!

And look at the psalmist David using God's sacred name in Songs for people to sing everyday in full throttle praise of "Jehovah" their God "how terrible!".....

...Reniaa

You are the one using the name Jehovah..It`s in your post for everyone to see......You make claims using that name..Claims you can`t back up..

"Come back to me when people start using yeshua or ieuous two forms of Jesus's name in the bible"..I have a better idea..How about sticking to the subject at hand?

You can`t back up a word you say..You can`t stay on topic,to your own post..

Lies..Deception..Misleading..

What else should I expect from the board Anti-Christ?....And..Supporter of a Multi-Billion Dollar Anti-Christ Organization,the WBT$..

Satan loves you Reniaa!!

................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit