Jesus.....God or God's son?

by digderidoo 280 Replies latest watchtower bible

• reniaa
    reniaa

Hi possible san

I stand by hebrew language and it's grammer, the apparent plurality you see is an expression of God's greatness and superlativeness of being the One true God in complete usage and understanding by the Jews themselves.

Reniaa

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

possible-san's Post 515, once again, highlighted in red

Hi, reniaa.

I think that you have two problems.

(1)
    You do not understand the Trinity doctrine at all.

That is, Jesus is not Jehovah.
    And the father is greater than the son.
    This is the Trinity doctrine.

(2)
    You are not arguing with the Trinitarians who value the divine name.

Jehovah's Witnesses only imitated the Christians who value the divine name.

possible

Thank you, Johnnytwofeet, for your role as colour commentator. It's like we're watching a sporting event. And you're definitely living up to your moniker since you've dived in with both feet, to mix my metaphors. Here are the relevant parts, with my analysis.

You do not understand the Trinity doctrine at all.

This is a statement of perspective. Either it is true about Reniaa, or the possibility exists that it is possible-san who to use his own words "does not understand the Trinty doctrine at all."

Jesus is not Jehovah.
    And the father is greater than the son.

Reniaa and possible-san actually do agree on this. But this is a discussion of a duality, or to be more exact a pair, as in 2 individuals. A trinity would have to be a trio, that is 3 individuals.

You are not arguing with the Trinitarians who value the divine name.

This observation about Reniaa is true.

Jehovah's Witnesses only imitated the Christians who value the divine name.

Actually, Jehovah's Witnesses are among those who claim to be Christians who value the divine name.

A discussion between a Briton whose native language is English, and a person whose original language appears to be Japanese (not English), is certainly going to have its challenges, I suggest. And that's ignoring the Hebrew and Aramaic and Greek, etc. — the languages from which the translation and versions of the Bible we use derive.

• possible-san
    possible-san

reniaa

Jews understand YHWH to be ONE God and completely the only one, Jesus totally backs this up.

Although you know that humans are called the "gods" in the Hebrew Bible, do you say to me like this?

Moreover, do you say "Jesus is a god" and "an angel is a god" in your belief?

Your explanation is completely contradictory.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

According to the definition of "god" provided at Psalm 82:1-8, the answer to your questions in Post 518 is "yes", I suggest.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi spike

this talk on god is a moot point since deut 6:4

doesn't say God but ONE YHWH which is not plural anyway, possible san is just sidetracking

Reniaa

• possible-san
    possible-san

Spike Tassel,

According to the definition of "god" provided at Psalm 82:1-8, the answer to your questions in Post 518 is "yes", I suggest.

Your answer is meaningless.
    I am not asking "yes" or "no."

I have already given your explanation.
    I said, "humans are called the "gods" in the Hebrew Bible."

Your meaningless answer is empty.

First of all, you have not answered to my question insincerely.
    How many years?

possible

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

My faith has changed throughout my life, so it is not able to be quantified in number of years. Your judgment of insincerilty is not according to Jehovah's read of my heart. I answer as best as I can, as do you, despite our difference of original language and exposure to cultures. I mean you no disrespect. May there be a widening of love and compassion between you and me. I forgive any misunderstandings between me and you, and I ask that you do the same to me. It is possible

• possible-san
    possible-san

Spike Tassel,

Your judgment of insincerilty is not according to Jehovah's read of my heart.

I did not "judge" you.
    I described what I felt.
    I emphasized the word "I feel."

You have not yet answered.
    Is this "sincere"?

• Spike Tassel
  • possible-san
    possible-san

Terrible bad faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest