Jesus.....God or God's son?

by digderidoo 280 Replies latest watchtower bible

• androb31
    androb31

"but to cap it all look to the original psaln 45 if it says it like trinitarians prefer

Your arrows are in the heart of the King's enemies. Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you With the oil of joy above your fellows.

it is said to David so is Jehovah declaring David to be God as well as Jesus? so we have God, Jesus and David as the new trinity?"

HAHAHAHA!!! Come on Reniaa, you can come up with something better than this. A 10 year old reading this passage would realize that this passage had nothing to do with David. Just like Psalms 110:1 "the LORD said to my lord". It's David speaking prophetically about the Lord, nothing to do with David. Why you would use this silly logic to unconvince a trinitarian is beyond me. But, I guess as the old saying goes "if you can't beat em, build a straw man"

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

that is what JWs do best.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Its another prime example of taking an OLD Convenant passage and applying it to the NEW Covenant and not taking into account the role of Jesus in the New Convenant.

• reniaa
    reniaa

you cannot ignore it's original usage in the old covenant just to support your position in the new covenant.

Yes it is a prophecy towards Jesus but it also applied to David whose heir Jesus was who was placed on the throne. but you have to reject any application to David in whom it is talking about in the first place despite prophetic application to Jesus and David so as to prove your point.

if one of the people doesn't have to be God for this to be said neither does the other so this makes it a not very strong proof text for you guys

not that God calls people god willy nilly hmmm let me see.

Exodus 7:1 (New American Standard Bible)

1 Then the LORD said to Moses, " (A) See, I make you as God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin
    Exodus 7:1 (New American Standard Bible)

1 Then the LORD said to Moses, " (A) See, I make you as God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.

Reniaa

Reniaa said:

Yes it is a prophecy towards Jesus but it also applied to David whose heir Jesus was who was placed on the throne. but you have to reject any application to David in whom it is talking about in the first place despite prophetic application to Jesus and David so as to prove your point.

My reply: It is obviously applied not to David but to Jesus, as Hebrews makes clear.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

reniaa,

Its not about ignoring what a passage means or how it was applied in the OT, its about what it means and how it is applied in the NT, under the NEW Covenant where Jesus is the central figure, the saviour, the reedemer and Judge.

• androb31
    androb31

Reniaa says:

"not that God calls people god willy nilly hmmm let me see."

Whoa!! Hit the breaks.....say what......God speaks in willy nilly terms? That must be why He has the WT as His spokesman to correct what He says and tell people what He really means when He speaks.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Ren said:

Yes it is a prophecy towards Jesus but it also applied to David ...

Ren, Ren, Ren. Do you even read what has been previously posted? What were your reading and comprehension scores in grammar school? It has been shown that Psalm 45:6-7a are statements directed to God, Himself. This is very clear to anyone with more than a 4 th grade reading level.

If you wish to assert that these verses apply to David, explain how it is so… “Because Ren said so” doesn’t cut it.

In case you missed it, read my post near the bottom Here .

It is sad that you are not even aware of how badly you are embarrassing yourself. You would do well to respond to what is actually written rather than spewing WTS regurgitations upon seeing certain trigger words.

• reniaa
    reniaa

i'm just saying that recognition of godlike position is allowed biblically and it certainly meant this in it's first application to David and to make it mean more for Jesus is going beyond it's original meaning especially as an applied quote.

Psalm 82:6 (New American Standard Bible)

6 I (A) said, "You are gods,
    And all of you are (B) sons of the Most High.

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

i'm just saying that recognition of godlike position is allowed biblically and it certainly meant this in it's first application to David and to make it mean more for Jesus is going beyond it's original meaning especially as an applied quote.

Psalm 82:6 (New American Standard Bible)

6 I (A) said, "You are gods,
    And all of you are (B) sons of the Most High.

Reniaa

My reply: Yes reniaa..the surrounding verses talk of the unjust rulership of these judges and verse 7 shows how they would die. Jesus quotes this in John 10 and says something else- that he and the Father are one. He is clearly distinguishing himsef from these gods as the one true God. He and the Father are one in operation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit