Do Not Say: "The Society Teaches"!

by compound complex 74 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Blah, blah, blah, give me a freakin break. Yeah, you did stray. Now, *wack* stick to the darn topic!

Josie

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

"Householders?"

BTS

• JWoods
    JWoods

Reminds me of the careful coaching which us guys of the Vietnam Era were given on how to talk to our draft board -

Make damn sure that you keep saying it was YOUR OWN DECISION to be a non-cooperative draft dodger - the Society had NOTHING to do with it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Good catch Burns, I didn't realize that we have householders on the board...oh brother

Spike must be counting time.

Josie

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Who else are non-JWs, if not householders? Surely they look in here as the JWs here discuss things amongst themselves! After all, it's http://www.jehovahs-witness.net, right??!!

• JWoods
    JWoods

Technically, brothers and sisters, it would be prudent to not use the term "householder" when posting on the apostate websites. This term is only for our JW internal use and could cause grave misunderstandings on the part of innocent but sheeplike non-believers.

For example, in some parts of the middle east, the "householder" could be imagined as an armed combatant who has taken a domesticile and its occupants hostage at gunpoint and threatens to blow them all up by suicide bombing.

In this sense, such a Jihadist would literally be "holding" the "house".

Of course, while our brave elders negotiate with the terrorista, this time could be rightly reported even if no literature has been placed.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Leolaia

The publications are adamant that individuals do not come to conclusions from their own

Heaven forbid any JW come to a conclusion on their own. They would be accused of "jumping ahead" or of having "independant thinking"

Any way we look at this a JW must always look to the organization to tell them what to believe that is printed in literature published by the WTS

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Some great quotes there Mary (I PMd you yonks ago, lol) - just marking page

I'm confused over the term, 'householder' - I thought a householder is a no-tail* who sits on a platform at Kingdom Hall nodding in simplistic agreement over purile crap and begging for a Bible study?

*League of Gentlemen

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I've missed the obvious. Why not say, The Society Teaches"? Because It's Still Learning.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I've missed the obvious. Why not say, The Society Teaches"? Because It's Still Learning

Indeed - perhaps soon the society will learn who really is the faithful and discreet slave.

And publish it for all to know - along with the promise to NEVER NEVER change the interpretation of it yet again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit