This heat has me annoyed.

by John Doe 58 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I had an 86 Firebird which is pretty much the same car and engine. It was a 6.

I changed the water pump on it. The hardest part was getting the belts on.

I drew a picture of how they went before I started and put them back the same way.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Car engines have a waterpump?......who knew. Call your car "Nightrider 2000".....and talk to it, cause chicks dig that!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I wanted to be a mechanic when I was a kid, before I figured out there was no money and little respect in being one. I've always liked to tinker though.

I went to a school for aviation mechanics for 3 years. I even got licensed by the FAA. Sum good it did me? A few weeks paid work helping a friend's dad fix helicopters at his hangar. That's it. But I love machines.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
  • John Doe
    John Doe

Aviation? Oh man, I always wanted to be a pilot too.

Well, the shop made my mind up for me today. $400 plus tax to change a water pump. I can change the water pump, all the hoses and belt, buy a danged nice tool set and a torque wrench, and still have money left over for that kind of money if I do it myself. Now, if it wasn't so blasted hot, and have to duck the apartment manager cause I'm not supposed to work on vehicles in the parking lot.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Well, I'm almost halfway through. I got to say I could murder gm engineers right about now. The danged pump is behind one corner of the steering pump bracket, which is behind the coil bracket, which is behind the throttle cable bracket, etc. etc. What should be a half hour job is turning into an all day project. I've got one more bolt to get out to get the steering pump out of the way, then I'll be to the water pump.

But, it's 98 degrees outside today. I'm sweating up a storm, and I'm sick at my stomach. I'm going to shut the project down until late tonight or early morning when it's cooler. I can't take this heat. Luckily, I don't have to be to work until 5 o'clock tomorrow evening.

• snowbird
    snowbird

You're wise, Doe.

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

Wise? I thought I was poison.

• compound complex
    compound complex

So, John Doe, whadja think of Marisa Tomei, the expert grease monkey of My Cousin Vinny?

CoCo, Former Changer of Water Pumps

I successfully did so on this beast, with only one handful of nuts and bolts left over:

1957 Buick Series 75 Roadmaster

• John Doe
    John Doe

That's one of the best movies of all time. I could watch it over and over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit