This heat has me annoyed.

by John Doe 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

'I got to say I could murder gm engineers right about now. The danged pump is behind one corner of the steering pump bracket, which is behind the coil bracket, which is behind the throttle cable bracket, etc. etc. What should be a half hour job is turning into an all day project. '

Ah, you got a gm car from the time after the rocket scientists took over designing them. They try to make them SO complex that it takes a rocket scinetist to do anything, except check the oil. I found that out by changing a lot of stuff on a '95 astro (piece of rocket science shit). Also, gm likes to dictate everything to the customer; how to wipe the windows. You turn the wipers OFF, and the blasted thing makes ONE more wipe. How fascists is that? It seems like a small thing, but it illustrates the gm mentality. Really, i hate gm after my affair w the astro. Dodge, on the other hand, puts lots of people friendly stuff in. And, they are simpler to work on.

S

Ps, about naming it, how about 'pointie', for its pointy nose?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Oh, you did ask for a name suggestion, didn't you?

How about Blossom?

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

Best name so far, but I'm thinking about a dog like name. Something short. Something like Jane or Jill, Betsy or Lucy.

• snowbird
    snowbird

We had a mongrel named Tess.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

It is amazing how many inept men there are these days. They are not even capable of changing the brakes.

BTS

• dinah
    dinah

I named my Celica "Tom"

It's hot as HELL down here. If June in Bama is this bad, I may have to go north during August

• Gregor
    Gregor

My dad would get home from work at 5, park the car in the front yard on top of a couple boards, change the doojigger (water pump, fuel pump, points & plugs, whatever...) by the light of a table lamp with the shade removed.

If he couldn't afford parts (meaning he didn't want to spend any beer money on such foolishness) he would repair a part. He always had old inner tubes around to cut out gaskets. He would stop long enough to eat a bowl of beans and then finish up after my bedtime. He would be gone to work by 6:30 the next morning.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Well, finished it up. I've got about a half hour left of daylight, so not too bad. Probably take me an hour to clean up though, and the dang heat is horrible. It's still 93 degrees outside. I'm glad I don't do this every day.

• dinah
    dinah

Good job, Doe! Now wash your hands and bring me a beer.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I don't have any beer dear. Although, I did save over $300 today, so maybe I should go get some. ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit