This heat has me annoyed.

by John Doe 58 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

It took it's toll on my Camaro today. The thing overheated, giving me a little warning. I opened the hood, and the water pump is leaking. I guess the heat made it blow a seal. So, I'm sitting here debating whether I'll take it to a shop tomorrow or do the job myself. I've always done water pumps myself, but not having to clean grease from under my fingernails for 3 days does sound appealing.

Question, at what price point would you forgo grease monkey Joe and instead opt for grease monkey John?

• Robdar
    Robdar

I guess the heat made it blow a seal.

What does tupperware and a walrus have in common?

They both like a tight seal.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Lose your l?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Lose your l?

Yes, that key sticks sometimes So does the a and the .. Guess I should have bought a new keyboard when I replaced my computer.

Thanks fer pointing it out. It is now edited

• restrangled
    restrangled

JD....if you want a job done right....do it yourself.

You have a Camaro? I can't imagine trusting any moron at a local shop to actually care.

Get your nails dirty and do it yourself. A nail brush and soap will fix any trepidation on your part.

r.

• John Doe
    John Doe

It's not a special camaro r, it's a '94 v6 with 200,000 miles on it. Any moron can change a water pump. The issue for me is the price. ;-)

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Thanks fer pointing it out. It is now edited

You're welcome. Actually, I could say that phrase all day. I like the way it flows through my mouth and rolls off my tongue.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Incidentally, I've had the car 6 months and still haven't named it. What would you suggest? ;-)

• DJK
    DJK

IMO, the bolts might be frozen in place. You be in big trouble if you snap them off in your driveway.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    IMO, the bolts might be frozen in place. You be in big trouble if you snap them off in your driveway.

Never had that problem on a water pump, especially on something less than 20 years old. I have had that problem on exhaust bolts though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit