Is the Governing Body the Only Channel of Communication between God and Men?

by UnDisfellowshipped 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Is there a Young People ask article about how unchristian it is to hijack threads?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

FHN, No, but there are several articles about how unchristian it is to wear immodest threads! For example, this is unacceptable:

Marilyn Monroe

I don't understand why it isn't acceptable. Marilyn would place way more magazines than the entire rest of the congregation!

B the X

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I imagine this would be too immodest for the TMS?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Oh my god, I'm in tears. Thanks for the laugh...

Here is an interesting article on Donkeys:

http://www.watchtower.org/e/200612c/article_01.htm

While donkeys are hard workers, they have firm opinions on the size of a maximum load, as well as when a pause is required. In these situations, or when the load has been positioned in a way that causes pain, they may just lie down. At such times they may be misunderstood and abused verbally or physically. You may recall the account in the Bible of this happening.—Numbers 22:20-31.

I certanly enjoy these spoon-fed articles; especially where they need the bible to show them how to treat animals. Developmentally disabled nitwits.

• oompa
    oompa

it kind of amazes me though about this GB thingy....i mean how many dubs know them AT ALL!!.......i dont think i ever even met one and sure as hell never knew one....yet what they say is golden (but they dont say it, they write in in anonymity!)....and they rarely even SAY anything to the masses....i mean other cult leaders (russell, rutherford) are at least charismatic in person...or on tv...or dvd...but these guys are pretty much hidden from all except those at bethel maybe...and i doubt they talk much at meals.......strange power they have and only held in place by threat of shunning imo............oompa

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

*sigh* Why couldn't I be TMSO in THAT congregation?

• yknot
    yknot

ahh but this a flip flopping interpretation........

Russell claimed the WTS was the sole channel, later "some" Bible Students claimed Russell himself was the 'sole channel'.

Rutherford re-stated Russell's original idea.

The early 50's gave rise to the FDS using the WTS.

Now the FDS is losing ground to the GB......

Don't it just make you wanna dig up all the old stuff about how un-Christian it is to cling to hierarchical organizations!

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

It looks like Reniaa has gone AWL. Again, she does this I notice when questions get a bit near the knuckle.

I am still waiting for questions I put to her previously.

I’ll put to her for an answer what I finished my thread last time with.

1 Peter 3 v 15 ……………ALWAYS READY TO MAKE A DEFENSE BEFORE EVERYONE THAT DEMANDS OF YOU…………

KT

• reniaa
    reniaa

This is one question I particularily dislike because it is a made up wrongdoing by apostates, you poisoned it a little too, they actually say they are on behalf of Jesus whose the mediator between the annointed and God Jehovah until he returns. (lol lets leave the 'mediator' 'other sheep' question for when it turns up ^^)

What is wrong with having confidence that you are the church/body/congregation teaching the right message that leads to life? the first century christians felt exactly the same way as Jws do on this?

Did the first century Christians Paul, john etc think all religions led to God and they were not the only one? of course not they knew they had the one message that was truth and preached it as such.....

2 John 1:8-11 (New International Version)

8 Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. 9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. 11 Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work.

did they think there were many versions of Jesus's teachings? and many versions of God?

Do you think when God is fully revealed to us there will be a 3 person one for trintarians and Jehovah for us? Nope there can only be one truth in this! whether we like it or not.

The problem is we are now in fulfilment of prophecies time in particular this one..(which incidently answers your second point too about leaders they are a requirement of the church as per instructions)

Acts 20:27-30 (New International Version)

27 For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God. 28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. [ a ] Be shepherds of the church of God, [ b ] which he bought with his own blood. 29 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. 30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them.

the apostasy is here and it is predicted. So from after paul to our times we have to deal with men who have false messages within the faith and draw others to them to be their desciples.

the delusion and man of lawlessness still at work...

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 (New International Version)

10 and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

but if as the bible predicts the divisions are within the church itself how can we know which is right?

shall we just accept all differences and not have confidence in our message? jesus warns us that not all will get through.

Matthew 7:21
    "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

we do not have the gifts of holy spirit as the appostles did but we do have the bible.

2 Timothy 3:16 (New International Version)

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

And because Annointed in JWs are the only Ones actually teaching and spreading the message of Jehovah through Jesus His son their king to the whole flock and then we ourselves also to non-witnesses then yes I do think they are unique in this and can call themselves the sole channel if they want too, Triune christianity teaches a Different God and a different message in a different way but they also say they have the truth of it too!

funnily enough the first century christians were called the equivalent of a cult for this too...

Acts 24:14
    However, I admit that I worship the God of our fathers as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that agrees with the Law and that is written in the Prophets,

Having confidence that you are the only ones preaching the true mesage is not a sin especially if you are literally the only ones...show me one other Christian faith that acknowledges Jehovah as God?

Jesus is the ultimate judge and while we can have confidence the message we teach from the bible will save us, we still leave it upto Jesus to make that judgement on all of this multiplicity of Christians faiths teaching totally different messages ones that even conflict with bible teachings.

Reniaa

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Reniaa can't answer the question, what a suprise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit