Is the Governing Body the Only Channel of Communication between God and Men?

by UnDisfellowshipped 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Reniaa is the only channel of communication between God and Men!

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Reniaa
    is the only channel of communication between God and Men!

Why does God even need a "channel"? I mean, he's God right? All powerful, all knowing, been around since the dawn of time. Yet he needs 12 white dudes from New York to talk to me? Why can't he just appear in my brain, and be all like "dude, I totally wouldn't do that if I where you."

It's like all these preachers running around telling me God needs money. Why does God need money? He's God!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

jeeprube, I got one word for you... bureaucracy

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

ROFL @ Billy and Jeff. This was a Reniaa thread worth reading.

ROFL 9

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi shamus

I like your analogy of taking something apart and losing what it is and yes I do agree with you that it can happen, I think thats what a lot do on here when they pour over wts taking them apart bit by bit, I think they have forgotten why we are Jehovah's witnesses in the first place.

Isaiah 43:10
    "You are my witnesses," declares the Jehovah, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

hi shamus

I like your analogy of taking something apart and losing what it is and yes I do agree with you that it can happen, I think thats what a lot do on here when they pour over wts taking them apart bit by bit, I think they have forgotten why we are Jehovah's witnesses in the first place.

My reply: A cult alienated from Jesus.

Isaiah 43:10
    "You are my witnesses," declares the Jehovah, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.

My reply: An OT verse...where God is calling the nation of israel in a figurative court case to testify as his witness to the nations. Nowhere indicated that this is to be the name of his followers. Acts makes clear the only name God's followers should go by is Christians.

Reniaa

• mouthy
    mouthy

teaching of Christ does not have God; Reniaa you quoted that scripture . If we dont stay in Christ's teaching we dont have GOD???
    Please show me in scripture where Christ said to judge folks who dont believe men.You REALLY do confuse me.
    Why dont you come clean .Tell why your here,I have a ex JW friend in your area,who thinks he knows you.
    He is going to check you out. Then "blow the whistle" We dont want to lose you .I dont...because I think you need Christ.....

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hi Reinna,

I got that quote off some ridiculous motivational site that had nothing to do with religion. In fact, I barley read it.

See? I can cut and paste nonsense too!

Thanks for your take. Oh, I didn't read it either.

• reniaa
    reniaa

He doesn't know me because I didn't put the actual real county I do live in mouthy, make sure your friend doesn't blow the whistle on an innocent person. Even in my innocence of first joining I already knew from other internet sites and scammers not to put real details of were I live, btw reniaa is not my real name. I am only saying this because someone on topix got the same stuff happen to them and it wasn't nice. And I would feel responsible if your friend took revenge on an innocent person. I come on here accepting the risks on myself alone but that doesn't mean I don't guide my privacy quite thoroughly and respect it in others as I see your friend apparently doesn't.

Reniaa

back to your point we judge those within the cong as directed outside we leave to Jesus.

1 Corinthians 5:11-13 (New International Version)

11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you." [a]

• reniaa
    reniaa

fair enough shamus you missed out on a good quote :S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit